Author Topic: Brooks: ‘It’s Become Obvious in Record Time’ Biden’s Afghanistan Withdrawal Is a Mistake  (Read 2016 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brooks: ‘It’s Become Obvious in Record Time’ Biden’s Afghanistan Withdrawal Is a Mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7NFZy_8ecs&t=190s

Ian Hanchett 10 Jul 2021

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks stated that it has quickly become clear that the withdrawal from Afghanistan is a mistake and that “We could be walking away from the idea that we can keep al-Qaeda out of Afghanistan again. So they could set up a terrorist spot.”

Brooks said, “I think he’s making a mistake. And it’s become obvious in record time that it’s a mistake. When he announced the policy initially, he said he had faith in the Afghan government to hold Afghanistan together from the Taliban. That has fallen apart. We reported earlier in the show, 85% of the territory has already fallen to the Taliban. The Taliban seems completely confident they will take over.”

He continued that the U.S. is “walking away from” girls in the country who want to go to school, and “We’re walking away from the idea that Afghanistan will stay one country. We could be walking away from the idea that we can keep al-Qaeda out of Afghanistan again. So they could set up a terrorist spot. You could just get incredible turmoil in that part of the world, refugees flooding into Pakistan, destabilizing Pakistan. So, to me, what we were doing over the last year, which was like 2,500 troops, relatively low casualties, was a price worth paying for humanitarian and strategic reasons. And I think it’s a mistake that we’re pulling out.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/10/brooks-its-become-obvious-in-record-time-bidens-afghanistan-withdrawal-is-a-mistake/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Horse manure,  Afghanistan had 20 years to get their act together, that's more than enough time.

Let the Chinese deal with it.

Offline Hoodat

I challenge anyone to come up with a single instance in Joe Biden's entire 47-year political career where Biden made a correct foreign policy decision.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 05:50:14 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The last time America 'won' a war was WWII.
Korea - draw
Vietnam - lose
Iraq - ???
Afghanistan - lose

Who in their right mind would ever join the American military today?
Either America's goal is always to lose, or they are the most incompetent military on Earth.
And the added bonus is, your own country hates you. Yippy! Where do I sign up?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Joe himself is a complete mistake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 There is a million and one things to fault Dementia Joe on....Pulling out of that POS wasteland is far far down on my list.   O'Bastard deserve more blame by 1/2 or more.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Korea - draw
Vietnam - lose
Iraq - ???
Afghanistan - lose

Either America's goal is always to lose, or they are the most incompetent military on Earth.

Its easy to see the common denominator in all of those 'losses' - in each the primary goal became impressing a form of government upon the indigenous people, while in WWII nation-building was just the necessary byproduct.

Neither will I fault Biden for the coming loss in Afghanistan. I will fault him for helping lose America.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 06:52:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

There is a million and one things to fault Dementia Joe on....Pulling out of that POS wasteland is far far down on my list.   O'Bastard deserve more blame by 1/2 or more.

Now, leaving behind our military gear for the Taliban,   that's Grade A stupidity.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Even Dementia Joe is pissing off the NWO contingent.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Whether we stayed in Afghanistan 10 years, 20 years, 50 years, or 100 years -- so long as we were unwilling to identify and fight "the real enemy" there, our efforts were destined to fail. Just as they have.

Who is willing to spit out the reality of who that "real enemy" IS...?

Offline Hoodat

The original intent was to avoid the Soviet doctrine, and instead keep a minimal presence (less than 10k) there to ensure that the Taliban does not take control of the Afghan government.  It also allowed us a military base in a part of the world were we had none.  Personally, I don't have a problem with that.

This scope was abandoned in 2009 (by repeating Soviet strategy), restored in 2017, and is now being abandoned again (by surrendering everything).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Horse manure,  Afghanistan had 20 years to get their act together, that's more than enough time.

Let the Chinese deal with it.
I seriously doubt they will be constrained by any rules of conduct, and would think their ROE would be more free. That said, it might be interesting to see the forces of Islamism flock there to fight the Chinese... :pop41:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I seriously doubt they will be constrained by any rules of conduct, and would think their ROE would be more free. That said, it might be interesting to see the forces of Islamism flock there to fight the Chinese... :pop41:

That would give them something to focus on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

Korea - draw
Vietnam - lose
Iraq - ???
Afghanistan - lose

Notice a pattern @240B

In 1947, the Department of War ceased to exist. Instead, it was called the National Military Establishment. This name only lasted two years. In 1949, the Department of War's transition to the Department of Defense was complete.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AARguy

America has never lost a war on the field of battle. You'd be hard pressed to find any battle we lost in Viet Nam. That war was lost on Main Street at the hands of peaceniks and Communist sympathizers. In WWII we spoke of "victory" and "defeating the enemy". These thoughts are condemned today. The military has stood fast, maintained its skills and competency, as civilians have hamstrung them with castrating "rules of engagement", "limited objectives", and such. The military doesn't decide to go to war, nor does it conduct wars as they see fit. They obey the civilian authority. In WW II that authority unleashed them and told them to destroy the enemy. Now that authority says "Be nice"... "don't hurt them too much".. "stop before you really hurt them".

That's not enough. Now civilians intend to wreck the military with CRT and wokeness. I won't see the end of America. My children might. My grandkids certainly will.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

America has never lost a war on the field of battle. You'd be hard pressed to find any battle we lost in Viet Nam. That war was lost on Main Street at the hands of peaceniks and Communist sympathizers. In WWII we spoke of "victory" and "defeating the enemy". These thoughts are condemned today. The military has stood fast, maintained its skills and competency, as civilians have hamstrung them with castrating "rules of engagement", "limited objectives", and such. The military doesn't decide to go to war, nor does it conduct wars as they see fit. They obey the civilian authority. In WW II that authority unleashed them and told them to destroy the enemy. Now that authority says "Be nice"... "don't hurt them too much".. "stop before you really hurt them".

That's not enough. Now civilians intend to wreck the military with CRT and wokeness. I won't see the end of America. My children might. My grandkids certainly will.

QFT.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now, leaving behind our military gear for the Taliban,   that's Grade A stupidity.

What more could we expect from a clown who gave Putin a list of targets for cyber attacks?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Don't be so sure about not seeing the end of America.  Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear. 

The Democrats have been cutting the load-bearing columns and planting the dynamite for years.  The implosion of this building will happen in seconds, just like that Condo in Florida.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

What more could we expect from a clown who gave Putin a list of targets for cyber attacks?
Well, we just armed the people most likely to be duking it out with the Chinese... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, we just armed the people most likely to be duking it out with the Chinese... :shrug:

It's like a comedian I once heard:  "It's gratifying to see two ugly people getting married.  It takes two ugly people out of the dating pool.  The problem is, they'll produce a bunch of little ugly people."

It would be great to see a China/Afghanistan war.  It would tie both of them up so they'd have to leave us alone.  Until their spawn is released.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Don't be so sure about not seeing the end of America.  Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear. 

The Democrats have been cutting the load-bearing columns and planting the dynamite for years.  The implosion of this building will happen in seconds, just like that Condo in Florida.
I suspect your words will end up being prophetic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I suspect your words will end up being prophetic.

I suspect fear my words will end up being prophetic.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"The Democrats have been cutting the load-bearing columns and planting the dynamite for years.  The implosion of this building will happen in seconds, just like that Condo in Florida."

Sometime back I posted that when Western Civilization falls, it will come down as rapidly as did the World Trade Center towers. One minute they were standing, and the next...

Having said that, I think we're looking at things wrong here.
If Afghanistan "falls" under biden, that's a GOOD thing.
That country's fate was inevitable, anyway.

Better than having it happen under Trump 1.... or the coming "Trump 2".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 09:55:35 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Its easy to see the common denominator in all of those 'losses' - in each the primary goal became impressing a form of government upon the indigenous people, while in WWII nation-building was just the necessary byproduct.

@skeeter

I disagree. IMNSHO,the REAL reason troops were put on the ground in Shitstainistan because a US Presdent needed to look "manly",and because the defense industry needed the contracts. Both equated to votes. Both the "YEE,HAW! SHOW DEM RAGHEADS HOW HITS DUN!" voters,and the voters in states with defense industries that are suddenly booming and hiring people for new shifts.

Neither will I fault Biden for the coming loss in Afghanistan.

Nor will I. Hell,he probably thinks an Afghanistan is a foreign car.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!