Author Topic: Trump calls Joint Chiefs chairman ‘pathetic’ for comments on racism education  (Read 687 times)

rangerrebew

Trump calls Joint Chiefs chairman ‘pathetic’ for comments on racism education
Leo Shane III

Former President Donald Trump on Friday bashed military leaders’ recent statements on the need to study racial strife as “pathetic” and said he would have fired them for such talk during his time in office.

During an interview on Newsmax, Trump was asked about the introduction of “critical race theory” in workplaces and schools. He quickly shifted the discussion to Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, who earlier this week offered an impassioned defense of the topic during a House Armed Services Committee hearing.

“General Milley, I watched his statement and it was pathetic,” said Trump, who bypassed other top military officials to promote Milley to the top uniformed military post in 2019. “I watched the statements of some others, your head of the Navy, it was pathetic.

“They didn’t talk that way when I was around, I can tell you. They didn’t talk that way or I would have gotten rid of them in two minutes.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/06/25/trump-calls-joint-chiefs-chairman-pathetic-for-comments-on-racism-education/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like "a good call" to me...

Offline AARguy

"Pathetc" is a good start, but doesn't begin to cover it.

Offline AARguy

How much lasting damage will these woke Generals and Admirals do before we can get them out?