Author Topic: L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti Named Ambassador to India; Will Leave if Confirmed  (Read 1262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti Named Ambassador to India; Will Leave if Confirmed

Joel B. Pollak 9 Jul 2021

Second-term Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has been nominated to serve as U.S. Ambassador to India, according to a White House announcement Friday afternoon. If confirmed by the Senate, he will resign his position as mayor of L.A.

Garcetti, who has been in office since 2013, would be leaving his city at a time of crisis and change. L.A. is suffering a rapid rise in homelessness, a problem Garcetti vowed to solve, but which has only become worse during his tenure.

Under Garcetti’s leadership, the city secured $1 billion from the Obama administration to rehabilitate portions of the Los Angeles River. The city also received $1.35 billion from President Joe Biden’s massive “COVID relief” stimulus law.

However, Garcetti has faced increasing criticism from residents due to the soaring crime rate, a problem that has grown in the year since he announced he was cutting up to $150 million from the Los Angeles Police Department budget — more than 10% of the total. Though the city is now flush with cash from the federal government, and Garcetti’s “justice budget” aims to spend widely on progressive policy priorities, he is not using the new money to restore police funding.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/09/l-a-mayor-eric-garcetti-nominated-as-ambassador-to-india-homeless/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This could be very good news for L.A. :pondering: But it won't be because they will just go with someone who is at least as big an America hating POS as Garcetti or worse. You would think the Blacks in Los Angeles would be more vocal about being displaced in the goodies department but nowadays they are only about 9% of LA's population compared to the Hispanics 46% so it's obvious why democrats pander to the Hispanics even though I would hazard a guess at least 15 20 20 percent of those Hispanics are illegals and legally prohibited from voting.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
India is a good place for him.  He can team up with Apu and serve steak burgers....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
India is a good place for him.  He can team up with Apu and serve steak burgers....

In a few years he'll be a "Vetty Vetty Bad Man"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I hope he does, the moslems there would just love him for it :silly: