Author Topic: Panetta calls on Biden to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for military  (Read 602 times)

Online corbe

Panetta calls on Biden to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for military

BY CAROLINE VAKIL - 07/10/21 02:34 PM EDT

Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said that President Biden should require all military members to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

In an interview with Greta Van Susteren set to air on Sunday, Panetta said it was a matter of “national security.”

“I frankly think the president ought to issue an order requiring everybody in the military to get a COVID-19 shot, period. That's an issue involving our national security,” Panetta, who served under the Obama administration, said. “The last damn thing you need is to have those in the military that are our warriors unable to respond to a mission because they've gotten COVID-19. There's no excuse for that.”

“When I was in the Army, I got every shot required by the military, shots in both arms as well as everywhere else. There is no reason we should not require a COVID-19 shot for everyone in the military, period,” he continued.

More than half of all service members are at least partially vaccinated as of late June.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/562401-panetta-calls-on-biden-to-mandate-covid-19-vaccines-for-military
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.