Author Topic: These 7 markets will be the target of Biden’s new anti-monopoly executive order  (Read 2304 times)

Online corbe

These 7 markets will be the target of Biden’s new anti-monopoly executive order

Chris Matthews  1 hr ago

President Biden will sign an executive order Friday afternoon that takes aim at what the White House describes as the growing problem of corporate consolidation in U.S. and the higher prices, lower wages and reduced choice it imposes on workers and consumers.

The move is the latest salvo in a deepening war between the federal and state governments and big business over monopoly power and anticompetitive practices, and one the Biden administration hopes will boost the economic prospects of Americans without adding to the already substantial federal budget deficit.

Here are the 7 markets his plan will target:

Labor

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/these-7-markets-will-be-the-target-of-biden-s-new-anti-monopoly-executive-order/ar-AALYtmn?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"These 7 markets will be the target of Biden’s new anti-monopoly executive order"

hmmmmm.....
Is this something like Ayn Rand's "anti-dog-eat-dog" order in Atlas Shrugged?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In past years, this is something a Congress would have taken up this issue with debate and deliberation instead of some dictator-type ruling coming out from an Executive.

How low have we sunk.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Most of these things amount to "we'll look into it. But with a stern eye."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

Business is corrupted by government. Democrats want you to believe it's the other way around.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Most of these things amount to "we'll look into it. But with a stern eye."

And zero mention of Big Tech cancelling people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

In past years, this is something a Congress would have taken up this issue with debate and deliberation instead of some dictator-type ruling coming out from an Executive.

How low have we sunk.

And we continue to sink; more like our Republic is in quicksand with no chance of recovery.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In past years, this is something a Congress would have taken up this issue with debate and deliberation .....

@IsailedawayfromFR

Yet they didn't,leave a door open for Slow Joe to step in an appear to be a moderate.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Business is corrupted by government. Democrats want you to believe it's the other way around.

@andy58-in-nh

Business is corrupted by governemt,and government is corrupted by business.

Both need to be watched closely.

Offline andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh

Business is corrupted by governemt,and government is corrupted by business.

Both need to be watched closely.

Absent government power, businesses have no monopoly of force to make you buy their products or services.

Monopolies are always the product of government influence. Otherwise, you always have a choice. Among your choices is not to buy something.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Absent government power, businesses have no monopoly of force to make you buy their products or services.

@andy58-in-nh

HorseHillary! The power they use is money,and left to their own devices,corporations WILL bankrupt smaller corporations with fewer resources,and then buy them up at the bankruptcy sale.

Along with the help of bought officials and politicians,of course

Monopolies are alwayshe product of government influence. Otherwise, you always have a choice. Among your choices is not to buy something.

Once again,pure Horse Hillary! Read the book "The Creature from Jekyl Island" and then get back to me.

Offline andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh

HorseHillary! The power they use is money,and left to their own devices,corporations WILL bankrupt smaller corporations with fewer resources,and then buy them up at the bankruptcy sale.

Along with the help of bought officials and politicians,of course

Once again,pure Horse Hillary! Read the book "The Creature from Jekyl Island" and then get back to me.

As much as I love the phrase "HorseHillary!", my friend - I believe you just proved my point.

The book you referred to is about the creation of the Federal Reserve System in 1913, which in turn allowed centrally-controlled "member" banks to manipulate both currency and credit, influence fiscal policy and restrict competitive market forces. Thanks, Government!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The list ignores the over-consolidation of media companies.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As much as I love the phrase "HorseHillary!", my friend - I believe you just proved my point.

The book you referred to is about the creation of the Federal Reserve System in 1913, which in turn allowed centrally-controlled "member" banks to manipulate both currency and credit, influence fiscal policy and restrict competitive market forces. Thanks, Government!

@andy58-in-nh

And WHO controls the "member banks" that have the authority and the courts of the US Government to back them up and protect them and their monolopy?

Offline andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh

And WHO controls the "member banks" that have the authority and the courts of the US Government to back them up and protect them and their monopoly?

Good question.

Banks are regulated and controlled at the Federal government level by the following:
  • The Federal Reserve Board
  • The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
  • The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
  • The Commodity Futures Trading Commission
  • The Securities and Exchange Commission
  • The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
So, while they are nominally "private entities", American banks operate under a strict regime of regulatory oversight, the statutes for which run to tens of thousands of pages.  This works both for and against the consumer, who is protected from abuse in certain respects, but also subject to limited choices among products and services, and exposed to the results of influence-peddling and collusion of the sort that naturally occurs in any public-private "partnership". 

As in so many other areas of governmental oversight, passing more laws won't solve the problems that exist within the current regime. Greater freedom of choice, fewer complex and contradictory laws, and operational transparency as a requirement of the laws that do exist - all of these stand a better of chance of preventing collusion and monopoly than what we now have in place.