Author Topic: Charlottesville to take down Robert E. Lee statue on Saturday  (Read 3420 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Charlottesville to take down Robert E. Lee statue on Saturday
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2021, 01:57:32 am »
And, short of a truly anonymous poll, you won't. Let the pigeons poop on their Escalades.

In the current environment of tearing down statues on public property by roving gangs of "mostly peaceful protesters", and in the climate of doxxing and threatening (if not terrorizing more directly) people who speak out against the narrative of "systemic racism", how many are going to come forward in protest?

If the people in those communities continue to elect race-obsessed "woke" progressives to local office, then clearly removal of Confederate statues is their will, just like defunding the police is their will and refusing to prosecute BLM rioters is their will.  And if we don't find local election results credible because we prefer to believe that Dominion is hijacking local elections as well as presidential elections, then the people in those communities will have to take a stand on election law and on basic law and order and on statues.  Or perhaps the people in those local communities will simply have to march in the streets to make themselves heard about these statues and other issues.  I don't see any of that happening in Charlottesville, or Richmond, or Memphis.

I'm not defending these cities or their people.  I want nothing to do with them.  In no sense do I consider them fellow citizens with me in anything and for all I care all these cities can burn completely to the ground.  But I'm not going to pretend that some silent majority there agrees with me just because I wish they did.  We can theorize all kinds of reasons to believe that the majority *must* actually agree with us.  But with no evidence it's just wishful thinking.

The people in these communities are getting what they want and they are the ones paying the taxes.
James 1:20

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 02:00:05 am »
If the people in those communities continue to elect race-obsessed "woke" progressives to local office, then clearly removal of Confederate statues is their will, just like defunding the police is their will and refusing to prosecute BLM rioters is their will.  And if we don't find local election results credible because we prefer to believe that Dominion is hijacking local elections as well as presidential elections, then the people in those communities will have to take a stand on election law and on basic law and order and on statues.  Or perhaps the people in those local communities will simply have to march in the streets to make themselves heard about these statues and other issues.  I don't see any of that happening in Charlottesville, or Richmond, or Memphis.

I'm not defending these cities or their people.  I want nothing to do with them.  In no sense do I consider them fellow citizens with me in anything and for all I care all these cities can burn completely to the ground.  But I'm not going to pretend that some silent majority there agrees with me just because I wish they did.  We can theorize all kinds of reasons to believe that the majority *must* actually agree with us.  But with no evidence it's just wishful thinking.

The people in these communities are getting what they want and they are the ones paying the taxes.
They don't even have to elect "woke" officials, the officials only have to be afraid of being treated like a Hatian President, or their historic town (Home of The University of Virginia) being treated like Lake Street in Minneapolis.

In no way does that imply anyone in the community, specifically, is getting what they want or voted for. It's just a reality of this era of Thug politics.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:03:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 11:54:57 am »
They've also removed a statue of Lewis and Clark with Sacajawea. Two explorers and a native American. It's not about the Civil War, folks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:05:15 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 01:43:46 pm »
They've also removed a statue of Lewis and Clark with Sacajawea. Two explorers and a native American. It's not about the Civil War, folks.
Send it to North Dakota. Considering the Louisiana Purchase was made during the Jefferson Administration, and that Voyage of Discovery began then also, and folks here still understand what a tracker is and how important that is, I think we could find a place for it.

But really, this cancel culture shit needs to stop.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2021, 01:51:24 pm »
James Woods
@RealJamesWoods
As the idiots toppled this statue of three great explorers yesterday, they completely misunderstood Sacagawea’s posture. She was a tracker and guide. Lewis and Clark could not have achieved what they did without her extraordinary skills. Libs missed this part of American history.

8:59 PM · Jul 10, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2021, 01:59:27 pm »
Keep in mind these are the same folks (philosophically) who toppled a statue of Frederich Douglass, too.

Maybe if they'd paid more attention in school they wouldn't have to work as paid agitators (Thugs!).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:00:18 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2021, 02:33:34 pm »
@HoustonSam

In the current environment of tearing down statues on public property by roving gangs of "mostly peaceful protesters", and in the climate of doxxing and threatening (if not terrorizing more directly) people who speak out against the narrative of "systemic racism", how many are going to come forward in protest? Keep in mind that when people did protest the removal of statues in Charlottesville, they were herded into conflict with opposing protesters, painted as dangerous radicals in the mass media, and practically all accused of being white supremacists. That was then, and the climate for those who go against the well protected radicals who are behind tearing down monuments and burning, looting, and even  murder, has only become more hostile.

@Smokin Joe

Well said,but lets not forget the danger of people losing jobs for speaking out. This is the most immediate and most "real" danger to speaking your mind these days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2021, 02:36:48 pm »
I have changed jobs more often than I have changed my principles.

I can change jobs again if need be.

But then, I have never run for office, either.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2021, 03:22:16 pm »

@mountaineer

Simply put,it's about Black Power,and their desire to demean and enslave US.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2021, 03:24:47 pm »
James Woods
@RealJamesWoods
As the idiots toppled this statue of three great explorers yesterday, they completely misunderstood Sacagawea’s posture. She was a tracker and guide. Lewis and Clark could not have achieved what they did without her extraordinary skills. Libs missed this part of American history.

8:59 PM · Jul 10, 2021

@mountaineer

If they weren't stoopid,they wouldn't be leftists.

Leftists don't think,they feel!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2021, 03:26:13 pm »
Keep in mind these are the same folks (philosophically) who toppled a statue of Frederich Douglass, too.

Maybe if they'd paid more attention in school they wouldn't have to work as paid agitators (Thugs!).

@Smokin Joe

Seriously?????

What excuse did they give for this?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2021, 03:45:36 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Seriously?????

What excuse did they give for this?
Ignorance is an excuse all its own.

It happened last year in New York.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53311558

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2021, 04:13:56 pm »
Ignorance is an excuse all its own.

It happened last year in New York.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53311558

@Smokin Joe

I should have known. The home of stoopid.

Online corbe

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2021, 04:19:34 pm »
   Yet Lenin is still in Seattle.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2021, 04:54:50 pm »
   Yet Lenin is still in Seattle.

@corbe,all

Any of you that live in or near Seattle should start protesting and demandin the statue of Lenin be torn down.

Watch the lefties scream and howl in outrage at THAT one,while exposing themselves for who they really are.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2021, 05:38:23 pm »
@corbe,all

Any of you that live in or near Seattle should start protesting and demandin the statue of Lenin be torn down.

Watch the lefties scream and howl in outrage at THAT one,while exposing themselves for who they really are.

Well, it's not like Lenin actually killed anyone.  Oh, wait .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2021, 06:21:04 pm »
@corbe,all

What's good for the goose ......

No protests or demands are needed, a mob can simply deface it and pull it down.
James 1:20

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2021, 07:33:10 pm »
What's good for the goose ......

No protests or demands are needed, a mob can simply deface it and pull it down.

@HoustonSam

Works for me.

If I were within driving distance of a Lenin,Marx (as long as it wasn't Groucho,of course!) or Stalin statue in a city park,I would be there doing my best to destroy the damn thing,or trying to beat the snot out of anyone that tried to stop me.