Author Topic: AOC faults 'fossil fuel execs' for waist-high flooding in New York subway  (Read 2051 times)

Online corbe

AOC faults 'fossil fuel execs' for waist-high flooding in New York subway

by Jake Dima, Breaking News Reporter

July 09, 2021 12:53 PM

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday faulted "fossil fuel execs" for waist-high flooding in a New York City subway station after a thunderstorm ripped through the boroughs.

Heavy rains and winds whipped through the tri-state area, initiating flash floods and bringing down trees in suburban neighborhoods.
The inclement weather hit the Northeast prior to the arrival of Tropical Storm Elsa, which previously battered Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and other East Coast states with winds that were between 45 and 65 mph. Elsa, downgraded from a Category 1 Hurricane on Tuesday, is projected to make landfall in parts of the Empire State on Friday morning.

Ocasio-Cortez used the weather emergency to promote her Green New Deal, a climate proposal that has been criticized as wasteful by conservatives and hailed by liberal lawmakers.

"'The Green New Deal, which is a blueprint to create millions of good jobs rebuilding infrastructure to stem climate change & protect vulnerable communities, is unrealistic,'" she wrote in response to a video of a woman wading through murky waters in a subway station. “'Instead we will do the adult thing, which is take orders from fossil fuel execs &make you swim to work.'"

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-blames-fossil-fuel-execs-flooding-new-york-city-climate-change
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Complete bullshit.  The subway flooded because the MTA is still coddling all those workers who want to stay home because they're all weepy about COVID-19.  No staff, nobody to jump in and get the pumps going, and nobody to drive the extra trains needed if one breaks down.  MTA maintenance is a joke even in the best of times.

This is due to union-supported grifters and AOC-type-leftist management, not fossil fuel executives.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How about blaming the guy in charge of the subway?  Maybe if he spent less time thinking about pizza, the subway wouldn't be flooded.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline dfwgator

She knows it's BS, but she also knows her fanbois eat this s___ up.

Offline PeteS in CA

I blame AOC's existence and stupidity on Global Worming!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I blame AOC's existence and stupidity on Global Worming!
:pondering: I thought it was because of a broken condom.

Offline PeteS in CA

:pondering: I thought it was because of a broken condom.

Also due to Global Worming.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Killer Clouds

Just another reason to get rid of cows that fart too much. Someone needs to blow in AOC's ear and give her a new set of brains.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just another reason to get rid of cows that fart too much. Someone needs to blow in AOC's ear and give her a new set of brains.
If you are going to refresh her brains, she's gonna need those cows.

Sooner or later she has to run low...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Eric Swalwell says to come on in, the water's fine.

source: https: //twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1413712461266669569
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

AOC represents a kind of weapons-grade idiocy married to power lust.

Historically, it seems to emerge when a nation's dominant culture is no longer invested in reality, or interested in truth.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Oil companies have lifted many millions out of poverty around the world to enjoy a new standard of living.

And AOC wants to criminalize them for some New Yorkers wading through high water during a hurricane.

I do not think she understands how stupid she really sounds.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Oil companies have lifted many millions out of poverty around the world to enjoy a new standard of living.

And AOC wants to criminalize them for some New Yorkers wading through high water during a hurricane.

Remember....   this is the wench who touted epidemiological credentials because she won a High School Science Fair.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When democrats take over the spending goes through the roof, and the needless crisis-es due to government malfeasance goes through the roof too.  Remember Texas and the wind generator collapses last winter?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Squeaky Spice is what happens when you have low voter turnout in a deep blue congressional district in NYC.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

Remember....   this is the wench who touted epidemiological credentials because she won a High School Science Fair.
That tends to make me think the state of science education is even worse than I had previously believed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

She should be asked if she feels so strongly about fossil fuels, blaming execs is just ecolunatic babble, has she eschewed the use of any product or conveyance that uses or relies on the use fossil fuels? If she's not willing to set an example by putting her money where her enormously large oral orifice is then it's just the typical braying of an ass. Speaking of which, I found a publicity shot of AOC and her squad mates. Not surprisingly none of them could keep their mouth shut long enough to take a picture.

Online corbe

She should be asked if she feels so strongly about fossil fuels, blaming execs is just ecolunatic babble, has she eschewed the use of any product or conveyance that uses or relies on the use fossil fuels? If she's not willing to set an example by putting her money where her enormously large oral orifice is then it's just the typical braying of an ass. Speaking of which, I found a publicity shot of AOC and her squad mates. Not surprisingly none of them could keep their mouth shut long enough to take a picture.

She doesn't look the type that would wear pantyhose anyway choosing instead to go commando. 

O/T Ya think I could get away with a Poll Question 'Do you wear panties?'
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

Why does anyone, even post her idiocy?  Don't give her press.

Online corbe

Why does anyone, even post her idiocy?  Don't give her press.

I posted this @LegalAmerican  Do you know how hard it was to find $hit for Briefers to read this past week?

Offline LMAO

Why does anyone, even post her idiocy?  .

Because this isn't some has been celebrity trying to get noticed.  This is someone who now controls the direction of one of the two major parties
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

Because this isn't some has been celebrity trying to get noticed.  This is someone who now controls the direction of one of the two major parties
She's one of the flyers which determines the size of the grouping. With that, anything halfway to the bullseye can be seen as "reasonable" and a "compromise".

It's a tactic the GOP could have long been using, if it didn't spend its time purging itself of its more Constitutionally oriented members. Instead, it has traditionally eschewed its more "radical" members and dealt from moderate positions, guaranteeing it will give ground on on the status quo in any compromise.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

She doesn't look the type that would wear pantyhose anyway choosing instead to go commando. 

O/T Ya think I could get away with a Poll Question 'Do you wear panties?'
It might be embarrassing for some of the men.

Online corbe

It might be embarrassing for some of the men.

I already thought that through @GtHawk having an option 'Only when no one is around'.

Offline GtHawk

I already thought that through @GtHawk having an option 'Only when no one is around'.
@corbe
Really? Yeah I guess that would be better then 'Only when I feel really sexy'.