Author Topic: Whistleblowers report school districts using book that illustrates ‘whiteness is a pact with the dev  (Read 1322 times)

Online mountaineer

Whistleblowers report school districts using book that illustrates ‘whiteness is a pact with the devil’
July 9, 2021 |
 Kay Apfel

A new book is being introduced to some children’s school curricula across the nation and its message is not one of unity or acceptance, rather it teaches that “whiteness” is a privilege to be ashamed of that affords you “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.”

Woke teachers’ unions and school boards across the country are ignoring the concerns and rejection from parents and the well-being of their students as they force feed critical race theory to children across the nation.

The controversial book, “Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness” by Anastasia Higginbotham, has been revered by The New York Times as “an honest explanation about how power and privilege factor into the lives of white children, at the expense of other groups, and how they can help seek justice.”

The book has been adopted across 30 public school districts in 15 states according to Christopher Rufo, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute. ...
BizPacReview

I don't know about you, but I just emerged from my mother's womb "white." No pact with the devil, ever.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Whistleblowers report school districts using book that illustrates ‘whiteness is a pact with the devil’
July 9, 2021 |
 Kay Apfel

A new book is being introduced to some children’s school curricula across the nation and its message is not one of unity or acceptance, rather it teaches that[b“whiteness” is a privilege to be ashamed of that affords you “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.”[/b]

@mountaineer

Ohhh,the irony!

Sometimes it seems the teachers unions are giving orders to the boards of education instead of being given orders,doesn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
July 9, 2021 |
 Kay Apfel

@mountaineer

Ohhh,the irony!

Sometimes it seems the teachers unions are giving orders to the boards of education instead of being given orders,doesn't it?
I know the kind of Board of Education these people need.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
July 9, 2021 |
 Kay Apfel

@mountaineer

Ohhh,the irony!

Yowsa! De white debbils are at it again! *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

One of the problems in my county is that retired teachers run for school board and always are elected by the braindead populace because, after all, everyone knows them, and "Hey, I think I had her for fifth grade!" or "He was my assistant coach!"

So they just do whatever is best for teachers, and not at all what's best for educating children.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
One of the problems in my county is that retired teachers run for school board and always are elected by the braindead populace because, after all, everyone knows them, and "Hey, I think I had her for fifth grade!" or "He was my assistant coach!"

So they just do whatever is best for teachers, and not at all what's best for educating children.
It's the same here where I live, and I think that people vote for them here not because they may have had then in some school in the past but because 'hey they were/are teachers so they know what's best for the children'. Personally I look at past teaching/counseling or school level administration as a disqualifier unless my grandson had them and my daughter is positively impressed by their viewpoint.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The controversial book, “Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness” by Anastasia Higginbotham, has been revered by The New York Times as “an honest explanation about how power and privilege factor into the lives of white children, at the expense of other groups, and how they can help seek justice.”

Once again, Fishrrman's dialectic:
You may not be interested in the politics of ethnicity and race.
But the politics of ethnicity and race are VERY MUCH interested ... in YOU.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
has been revered by The New York Times as “an honest explanation about how power and privilege factor into the lives of white children, at the expense of other groups, and how they can help seek justice.”

Of course, the real fallacy here is that the size of the 'pie' is limited, and that one slice is larger at the expense of the other portions, when in reality, those who apply themselves can make their slice of the pie larger by increasing its radius, without affecting the other slices at all.

Note the preemptive description of this balderdash as "honest".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Yowsa! De white debbils are at it again! *****rollingeyes*****
It sounds melodramatic, but this white fragility/power & privilege crap sounds very much like the genesis of a racial genocide. Or an eventual attempt at one.  It just can’t end any other way.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter opines:
"It sounds melodramatic, but this white fragility/power & privilege crap sounds very much like the genesis of a racial genocide. Or an eventual attempt at one.  It just can’t end any other way."

See my reply 7 above.
If it can't end "any other way", there will be no options left other than to "choose which side" with which you wish to "identify" (I chose that word carefully).

As Florence Reese wrote and sang many decades ago:
"Which side are you on, boys,
Which side are you on?"

Offline skeeter

skeeter opines:
"It sounds melodramatic, but this white fragility/power & privilege crap sounds very much like the genesis of a racial genocide. Or an eventual attempt at one.  It just can’t end any other way."

See my reply 7 above.
If it can't end "any other way", there will be no options left other than to "choose which side" with which you wish to "identify" (I chose that word carefully).

As Florence Reese wrote and sang many decades ago:
"Which side are you on, boys,
Which side are you on?"

The choice will have been made for us.

Offline The_Reader_David

It sounds melodramatic, but this white fragility/power & privilege crap sounds very much like the genesis of a racial genocide. Or an eventual attempt at one.  It just can’t end any other way.

Exactly.  White privilege is the "the-Jews-run-the-world" version of antisemitism repurposed to attack a larger target.  Heck in Califorinia, they've even found a way of accusing all white people of deicide, the way old religiously-based antisemites used to spread the culpability of the Sanhedrin during the reigns of Tiberius and Herod Antipas for the crucifixion of Christ to latter day Jews who had nothing to do with it.  "How?" you might wonder.  Well, the white conquistadors (backed incidentally by pretty much all the non-Aztecs in what is now north-central Mexico) destroyed the human-sacrificing paganism of the Aztecs, thereby "killing" the various bloodthirsty demons the Aztecs called "gods".  The folks making this claim in a proposed public school curriculum that bids students invoke various Aztec deities are, unsurprisingly, illiterate and use the made-up word "theocide", mixing Greek and Latin roots, rather than the already existing, perfectly good, Latinate word deicide.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 02:46:59 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.