No, I don't have any hair to speak of
3 (16.7%)
Being a Women I only wear Hats on special occasions
2 (11.1%)
You're so Vain
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 08, 2021, 02:23:14 am

Author Topic: Do you wear a Hat?  (Read 12360 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Do you wear a Hat?
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:35 pm »
Here in the nort woods (not north), a Stormy Cromer had is called for from November through February.

I have one but only wear it from December - February down here in Texas. @Lando Lincoln
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:54:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2021, 09:52:40 pm »

Do you wear a Hat?  Is this some kind of code talk like 'John has a Long Mustache'?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2021, 10:43:24 pm »
Do you wear a Hat?  Is this some kind of code talk like 'John has a Long Mustache'?

In a way, it is  {Ahem}  So, do you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2021, 11:13:23 pm »
In a way, it is  {Ahem}  So, do you?

My chair is against the wall.

Offline corbe

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2021, 01:30:32 am »
   @rustynail That was from The Longest Day or some Normandy Invasion movie, do I win the prize?   yogi555
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2021, 01:46:00 am »
   When I leave the house, I usually drive somewhere and I always wear this hat with my hair pulled through the back loop and yes, I'm developing a bald spot.

He's a distant cousin of mine, the link was broken in Havana, in 1726.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2021, 03:44:00 am »
I have one but only wear it from December - February down here in Texas. @Lando Lincoln

@Bigun

Aside from this winter and the freeze from hell we endured, I can't think of why anyone in our neck of the woods would need a hat in winter. I've gone 5 years without a heater, and I probably won't have one when this winter rolls around. That's doable down here. One day with A/C, that's an emergency.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2021, 02:09:16 pm »
@Bigun

Aside from this winter and the freeze from hell we endured, I can't think of why anyone in our neck of the woods would need a hat in winter. I've gone 5 years without a heater, and I probably won't have one when this winter rolls around. That's doable down here. One day with A/C, that's an emergency.

For me @AllThatJazzZ it's a matter of having a mostly bald head but I agree with your general statement (we had an emergency here not long ago but it was repaired quickly and all well again. In that arena anyway.)

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2021, 02:44:26 pm »
For me @AllThatJazzZ it's a matter of having a mostly bald head but I agree with your general statement (we had an emergency here not long ago but it was repaired quickly and all well again. In that arena anyway.)

@Bigun

Ah, yes. That pesky balding thing. I didn't factor that in, but I get it. I was bald about 10 years ago after a tussle with cancer, and I do remember needing to place something on my head at times to keep the warmth in. Then a hot flash would kick in and garments would start flying. Getting old -- what a kick!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2021, 02:49:15 pm »
@Bigun

Ah, yes. That pesky balding thing. I didn't factor that in, but I get it. I was bald about 10 years ago after a tussle with cancer, and I do remember needing to place something on my head at times to keep the warmth in. Then a hot flash would kick in and garments would start flying. Getting old -- what a kick!

LOL! Getting old is better than the alternative I suppose.

@AllThatJazzZ

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2021, 03:18:50 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
I know - I never did dig it up this year.  I need to do that.

I'm not sure if it's the Braves doing well or just the entire rest of the NL East imploding, but I'll take it either way.   :laugh:

@Polly Ticks

4 games ahead of Phillies. Savor it! A while back we were 6 games ahead of the A's. Now we're only 2.5. I thought we'd cushion that lead a bit this weekend since Oakland is playing the Giants. Unfortunately, Oakland beat the best team in baseball last night. We'll see how the rest of the series goes. Meanwhile, we nearly had a 4-game sweep by the Kansas City Royals! OMG! No one warned me what a white-knuckle rollercoaster ride I was signing up for when I fell in love with the game. 

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 12:08:51 pm »
@Polly Ticks
OMG! No one warned me what a white-knuckle rollercoaster ride I was signing up for when I fell in love with the game.

Best reality show ever!
 :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra