No, I don't have any hair to speak of
3 (16.7%)
Being a Women I only wear Hats on special occasions
2 (11.1%)
You're so Vain
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 08, 2021, 02:23:14 am

Author Topic: Do you wear a Hat?  (Read 12331 times)

Online corbe

Do you wear a Hat?
« on: July 09, 2021, 02:23:14 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Do you wear a Hat?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 02:34:38 am »
Missing the response 'Yes I wear a hat, to ward the cancerous rays from my face and pate'. Actually I do have a quality Fedora by Stetson that I wear on the very rare occasions upon which I am besuited.

Oh and men as a whole didn't stop, apparently the baseball cap has not only become high fashion but also required to keep the wind inside the cab of their vehicle from blowing their hair about.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:38:24 am by GtHawk »

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:43:34 am »
    I wear a baseball cap and pull my hair through the back hole (whatever that's called)  But I have a Fine Fedora (Frank Sinatra style) that I wear when I go clubbing, which seems rarely since 2020.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 04:15:07 am »
I wear a driving cap on bad hair days....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 09:03:58 am »
When Going Out Without a Hat Was Grounds for Scandal
Back in the day, women with bare heads may as well have been naked.
BY TAO TAO HOLMES
MARCH 21, 2016

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/when-going-out-without-a-hat-was-grounds-for-scandal
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:05:40 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 09:46:52 am »
Several ball caps - most of them camo...

A black Montana (Gus) style Bailey with a wide brim pulled flat and low, shaped by snow and rain... With feathers, leather, a small turquoise wolf print clan pin, and a chin cinch in the shape of a hangman's noose, worn out back till it's needed.

And I still have all my hair (and most of my teeth)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 10:01:05 am »
Loads of ball caps, mostly with RKBA or Oilfield company logos. A couple 'watchcaps' for when it's really cold, a "good' Stetson for going out, and one so worn the sweatband is gone for kicking around in the boonies, which has been variously adorned during its life, but last had a beaded leather band I designed and made on it that I wore at a friend's wedding at a trapper rendezvous some 20 years ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 12:00:55 pm »
In the early 1900s, a man without a hat was considered to be not properly dressed.
Is he poor? Is he a vagrant? What is wrong with him?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 12:35:34 pm »
I do.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 01:01:50 pm »
I actually love hats.

@corbe where’s the only at 4:20 option?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 01:34:35 pm »
Yes, but  Just to hide my lobotomy scar.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 01:45:00 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 02:03:48 pm »
Yes, I wear hats - with a full head of hair.  All my follicles are functional. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 02:21:20 pm »
Many ball caps with every sort of advertising on them. Everything from A.O. Smith to Kubota and I paid not a cent for any of them.  I also have a couple of 20X Stetsons that rarely get worn these days and a beat up ole Resistol straw that hits my head regularly.

Forgot to add that most of my hair is clinging to various parts of the shower drain now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:22:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 02:28:32 pm »

https://youtu.be/0vRvv-HUjnU

I've worn a straw Panama-style hat for years now. I've always felt more comfortable wearing a hat.

Coincidentally, I watched that video a couple of days ago. The presenter looks kind of like Jim Carrey in The Mask.
Let it burn.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 02:28:50 pm »

Lobotomy goes through the eye socket.

From 1940-1950 lobotomy was the psychiatric cure-all for any perceived or real behavior problem with anybody but especially with women. Anything  from depression, lack of sexual desire, not cleaning the house, a wife suing for divorce, could all be 'cured' with lobotomy.

It was the psychiatric snake oil of the period. And during this time a husband could 'commit' his wife on a whim. Then, anyone could be put in a psychiatric hospital for almost any reason at all including homelessness, especially women. Most of the people who were condemned to these horrible hospitals died of abuse, maltreatment, and neglect.

Do not mean to be a smarty-pants. This just happens to be something I know a little bit about.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 02:29:54 pm »
I was often seen wearing one of several dozen Astros caps, before the rat bastards started banging on garbage cans.

Which reminds me....  I have several hundred dollars of '17 WS champ gear I need to dump or burn, or whatever.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:30:46 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2021, 06:09:23 pm »
Lobotomy goes through the eye socket.

From 1940-1950 lobotomy was the psychiatric cure-all for any perceived or real behavior problem with anybody but especially with women. Anything  from depression, lack of sexual desire, not cleaning the house, a wife suing for divorce, could all be 'cured' with lobotomy.

It was the psychiatric snake oil of the period. And during this time a husband could 'commit' his wife on a whim. Then, anyone could be put in a psychiatric hospital for almost any reason at all including homelessness, especially women. Most of the people who were condemned to these horrible hospitals died of abuse, maltreatment, and neglect.

Do not mean to be a smarty-pants. This just happens to be something I know a little bit about.

@240B

Sheesh. Way to step on an amusing punchline.  22222frying pan (Yes, I did removed the image. Once was enough on this thread about hats.)

@corbe

No option provided for me. I'm a retired woman who wears a cap, visor or hat almost every day. Just clip my hair up or pull it into a ponytail, throw a visor or cap on and I'm ready to go almost anywhere (not church or funerals, etc.). So, basically, it keeps me from having to fart with my hair, and that's the goal.

I have a fedora-type hat that gets lots of compliments from mostly black men. Interesting, huh? My visors and caps have to be color specific to my outfit, so I've had to add some orange pieces to my wardrobe so I can wear my favorite headgear -- my Astros visor. For a while I "retired" it and all my Astros merch because of my fury re the scandal. After some time and some intensive study on the cheating situation, I softened. Not to make excuses for them but to put the situation in its proper perspective. Once I had confidence in my understanding, I grew a set and started rocking my visor again. I won't buy anymore merch, but that's got nothing to do with the 'Stros. It's about MLB/Manfred and their butting into politics. However, I am willing to accept any merch that has already been purchased that someone is eager to rid themselves of. If someone is so inclined, please contact me via PM and we'll discuss it. 

@catfish1957

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2021, 06:29:15 pm »
   I apologize @AllThatJazzZ I obviously didn't think that through.  One of my (Girl) Friends always wears a Golf Hat, more like a visor, but she looks naked without it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2021, 06:36:06 pm »
   I apologize @AllThatJazzZ I obviously didn't think that through.  One of my (Girl) Friends always wears a Golf Hat, more like a visor, but she looks naked without it.

If it's one of your arm-pieces, I suspect she looks naked without it is because she's naked.   333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2021, 06:54:08 pm »
Due to my "hairstyle" I do when I go out in the Sun.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2021, 09:18:48 pm »
Baseball cap on occasion. Sometimes a straw hat when gardening.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2021, 09:22:31 pm »

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2021, 09:29:12 pm »
[...] and a beat up ole Resistol straw that hits my head regularly.

I have been fixin to pick up a straw hat for some years now... But every time I think of it it's already too late, and all the straw is gone for the year.

Gotta get a new Bailey pretty quick too... That's another one you have to hit just right... A month after the fall stuff gets here, they're all gone.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2021, 10:14:22 pm »
[...] A couple 'watchcaps' for when it's really cold

LOL! How did I forget the lowly touque?

I can't find my favorite... It's felt, purple, and kinda weird... Ear flaps with strings hanging down (so you can tie the ear flaps up across the top of the head)... Made like a stove pipe with a draw string at the top that closes it up to be a hat... If yo get too hot, just open the top up. Sometimes it stands up like a stove pipe, sometimes it flops over... Certainly not a fashion statement, but very effective.