Author Topic: Ted Cruz, perennial favorite at CPAC, cites family commitment for skipping Dallas gathering  (Read 1085 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz, perennial favorite at CPAC, cites family commitment for skipping Dallas gathering

Sen. Ted Cruz, a reliable presence and recurring star at the conservative gatherings known as CPAC, is skipping this weekend’s edition in his home state, citing a family commitment.

Ex-president Donald Trump will headline the three-day Conservative Political Action Conference at the Hilton Anatole near downtown Dallas.

“While Big Tech, Hollywood, and the woke mob are desperate to cancel and silence conservatives, they cannot stop us or great events like CPAC from standing strong and fighting for the American revival. I wish I could attend CPAC Dallas with so many great conservatives but I am unable to due to a family commitment,” he said in a statement provided by an aide.

“I look forward to joining the great conservative voices and activists shortly as we continue together to keep America the freest and greatest nation the world has ever known,” he added.

The event opens at noon on Friday. Trump’s speech will cap it off Sunday afternoon........

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/07/07/ted-cruz-perennial-favorite-at-cpac-cites-family-commitment-for-skipping-dallas-gathering/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

I hope this is an indication that Sen. Cruz is further pulling away from the Trump BS.   If we are to believe the MSM (which we can't) DeSantis is pulling away also, lately.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The excuse looks paper thin, dubious.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I hope this is an indication that Sen. Cruz is further pulling away from the Trump BS.   If we are to believe the MSM (which we can't) DeSantis is pulling away also, lately.

We'll see.  It is unusual for Ted to miss CPAC.  Ted recently commented that he may consider running in 2024.                                         

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
The excuse looks paper thin, dubious.

It’s summertime. Maybe a family member is getting married.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course he does. After all,Texas is too far from home for him to be able to attend.

Plus,his dog needs  a bath.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!