Author Topic: $1.19 billion worth of marijuana seized in California  (Read 621 times)

Offline corbe

$1.19 billion worth of marijuana seized in California
« on: July 08, 2021, 02:13:48 pm »
$1.19 billion worth of marijuana seized in California

Tori B. Powell  2 hrs ago

Authorities in Southern California have seized more than 16 tons of marijuana worth an estimated $1.19 billion, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department officials said Wednesday. The 10-day sting is the largest eradication of illegal marijuana cultivations in the history of the department.

a car parked in a parking lot: lasheriffsdept.jpg© Credit: CBSNews

The operation, which began on June 8, resulted in 22 felony arrests, 109 misdemeanor arrests, and 19 arrests from water theft enforcement teams, officials said. More than 200 locations were served with search warrants. Nearly 375,000 marijuana plants and 33,480 pounds of harvested marijuana were seized, along with 65 vehicles, 180 animals and $28,000.

Officials say they believe international cartels are behind the illegal large-scale marijuana farms.

"We're talking about the cartels," Lancaster, California, Mayor Rex Parris said at a Wednesday press conference. "We are not talking about mom and pop people selling marijuana that they grew in their backyard. This is the cartels. We are very very close to driving down the freeway and seeing bodies hanging from the overpasses. That is what's coming."

While California legalized the recreational use of marijuana in 2018, illegal grows of the crop have been on the rise in the state. Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Narcotic Bureau identified over 500 illegal marijuana cultivations in 2021, increasing from the 150 identified in 2020, according to a June statement. Detectives found that the average size per cultivation at farms increased to 15 greenhouses, up from eight per farm in the year prior.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/1-19-billion-worth-of-marijuana-seized-in-california/ar-AALTHdy?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: $1.19 billion worth of marijuana seized in California
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 02:29:31 pm »
Sargent Stadanko reporting for disposal duty.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 03:03:56 pm »
I thought it was legal there.    :shrug:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 03:10:51 pm »
Was this operation undertaken:

1.) To protect the youths from refer madness.
2.) To punish tax evaders.
3.) To persecute illegal water consumption.
4.) Because they lack sufficient carbon-offset credits.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »
  Legal only for certain people, apparently.  The State Government hates competition.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 03:16:29 pm »
"We just smiled and waved,   sittin' on that sack of seeds."

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 04:58:31 pm »
They must not have learned a thing or two from ol' Charlie, don't you know
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »
They must not have learned a thing or two from ol' Charlie, don't you know

That's only because they didn't live on
Copperhead Road
. Or because they didn't bribe the right people.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 05:26:09 pm »
Was this operation undertaken:

1.) To protect the youths from refer madness.
2.) To punish tax evaders.
3.) To persecute illegal water consumption.
4.) Because they lack sufficient carbon-offset credits.
Because it evaded state taxation

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 05:32:06 pm »
Maybe I just didn't pay attention but wasn't one of the big arguments for legalizing weed that it would eliminate the illegal growers of marijuana and make it safe for 'consumers' because of state regulated dispensaries? Not surprising that argument being full of Bandini, we all knew the only greater good most governments care about is the greater good of increased taxes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 06:14:44 pm »
Sargent Stadanko reporting for disposal duty.....

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.