Author Topic: McConnell slams reconciliation, set for a 'hell of a fight'  (Read 471 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
McConnell slams reconciliation, set for a 'hell of a fight'

Sen. Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, said Tuesday that Democrats who are dead set on using reconciliation to pass a sweeping infrastructure package are in for a fight.

McConnell, who was in Kentucky at the time, said the "era of bipartisanship on this stuff is over," according to the Hill.

"This is not going to be done on a bipartisan basis," he said. "This is going to be a hell of a fight over what this country ought to look like in the future and it's going to unfold here in the next few weeks. I don't think we've had a bigger difference of opinion between the two parties."

The passage of a larger, multitrillion-dollar bill faces significant hurdles, even if Democrats use a procedural method that requires only a simple majority. It’s far from certain, in an evenly divided Senate, that moderate Democrats will agree to an expansive measure that could swell to as high as $6 trillion.

Members of the Problem Solvers Caucus on Tuesday announced their support of the $973 billion infrastructure deal proposed last month by a bipartisan group of senators. ..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-slams-reconciliation-set-for-a-hell-of-a-fight
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

Re: McConnell slams reconciliation, set for a 'hell of a fight'
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 12:42:10 am »
"This is going to be a hell of a fight over what this country ought to look like in the future and it's going to unfold here in the next few weeks.

And when the Rats push their agenda through McConnell will say, "we did all we could to stop it."

If they really wanted to stop it they would have held up the electoral college count until the election issues were resolved.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: McConnell slams reconciliation, set for a 'hell of a fight'
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 03:19:36 am »
"This is going to be a hell of a fight over what this country ought to look like in the future and it's going to unfold here in the next few weeks.

This has all the smell; and stench of smoke  being blown up peoples behinds.  Talking a big fight to try and impress people, then a quick cave, and again democrats get it all their way.  It's not like we haven't seen this b.s. kobuki theater many times before.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions