Author Topic: GOP 2024 hopefuls face challenge: Not upsetting Trump (The Hill)  (Read 504 times)

Offline corbe

GOP 2024 hopefuls face challenge: Not upsetting Trump

BY MAX GREENWOOD - 07/06/21 06:00 AM EDT

Ambitious Republicans with eyes on their party’s 2024 presidential nomination are treading cautiously in their political pursuits, wary of upsetting former President Trump.

With early auditions for the GOP’s presidential nod already underway, would-be candidates are grappling with just how aggressive they should be in their overtures. They are aware that appearing too eager or garnering too much attention risks upsetting a former president who has openly floated the possibility of a 2024 comeback campaign.

“Donald Trump likes being the center of attention,” one veteran of several Republican presidential campaigns said. “He likes the idea that the nomination is his if he wants it.”

“So there’s a real dilemma here if you’re a Ron DeSantis or a Nikki Haley, because you need to get your name out there and make those connections with donors and voters without stepping on Donald Trump’s toes.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/561380-gop-2024-hopefuls-face-challenge-not-upsetting-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: GOP 2024 hopefuls face challenge: Not upsetting Trump (The Hill)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 02:38:53 pm »
This is the latest GOP straw poll I could find.  Interesting that of 5 of Trump's closest competitors, none would be what I would call a GOP NT'er.  Kind of shows that Romney, Cheney,  and their  Lincoln Project pukes are an extreme minority of little Chicuacua's biting at our ankles.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 02:42:50 pm »
And if they are overly deferential to Trump, they repel the white collar voters who switched to Clinton and Biden.  No doubt every candidate will be asked to name at least one difference.  The situation makes 2024 an uphill climb regardless of whom the dems nominate.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 05:01:31 pm »
Joe is dead meat for 24.  And Downtown Willie Brown's whore is circling the drain.  I Wonder why the Rats aren't scrambling like cockaroaches for a sane qualified person to run. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 05:14:19 pm »
Joe is dead meat for 24.  And Downtown Willie Brown's whore is circling the drain.  I Wonder why the Rats aren't scrambling like cockaroaches for a sane qualified person to run.

Truedat....

I've got my money on the Wookie.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 05:15:47 pm »

Because there are no longer any sane, qualified people left who still admit to being registered as a member of the democrat party.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 05:20:43 pm »
Truedat....

I've got my money on the Wookie.

I think She's got the "Jack" as Bon Scott would say!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 05:24:15 pm »
I think She's got the "Jack" as Bon Scott would say!

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

+100 for any post that mentions a rock band that can sucessfully add bagpipes to a kick ass song.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:25:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline rustynail

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 05:25:12 pm »
GOP 2024 hopefuls face challenge: Not upsetting Trump

Or he will send them to the Cornfield.