Author Topic: Questions About Secession  (Read 1635 times)

Offline AARguy

Questions About Secession
« on: July 06, 2021, 06:12:01 am »
If Texas seceded from the United States, would New Yorkers and New Jerseyians be willing to join the military and risk their lives to force Texas to stay?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 03:58:08 pm by MOD3 »

Offline AARguy

Secession
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 06:14:16 am »
If Texas seceded from the union, would Florida join with Texas?

Offline AARguy

Secession
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 06:15:44 am »
If Texas seceded from the union... would Arizona join them?

Offline AARguy

Secession
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 06:19:27 am »
If Texas seceded from the union, would anyone in California care? Would any young folks be willing to wear a uniform to risk their lives to fight to keep Texas (just a bunch of rednecks) in the union? Or would CA simply let them go?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Question
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 01:30:20 pm »
In the armed forces there is no free will. In such a case,  there would be a draft.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:31:20 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline AARguy

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 02:02:41 pm »
First, there certainly is free will in the military. Every soldier is trained to understand that illegal orders need not be obeyed. Second, as we saw during the Civil War, Soldiers split on the issue of the union and seceding states. The famous formation at West Point where Cadets loyal to the south were separated frome the Corps of Cadets and allowed to leave was repeated at posts, camps and stations all over the country.

And a draft is a whole different issue. I joined a conscript (draft) Army and retired from VOLAR (Volunteer Army). VOLAR is head and shoulder better than a draft Army. And I don't believe the political support for a draft exists. Parents don't want to see their children in uniform like they used to. And statistics show that that the cancel culture is in full swing. Less than 35% of Americans under the age of 35 are proud to be Americans. Combine this with the fact that 7 of every draft age American is disqualified due to obesity, criminal record, or lack of a high school diploma... and I simply don't see a new force emerging to fight Texas if, indeed, they do secede. I think the attitude will be to let them go.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 02:07:44 pm »
In the armed forces there is no free will. In such a case,  there would be a draft.

With very similar results to what happened when Lincoln did it in 1863 (NY Draft Riots).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Secession
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 02:39:21 pm »
Arizona is likely to secede first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Secession
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 02:49:36 pm »
Based on Biden's border policy, reconquista is the more likely eventual scenario....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MOD3

Re: Questions About Secession
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 04:00:28 pm »
@AARguy, please post threads whose initial posts are your composition here in the "General Discussion" forum or in one of the "Exclusive Content" forums.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 10:30:40 pm »
j myrle wrote:
"In the armed forces there is no free will. In such a case,  there would be a draft."

That's gonna go over great with the radical leftie young'uns in the blue states.

Having said that, and to answer AAR's original question:
Texas can't do this alone.

Yes, it's a big state, but it's gonna take more than one state to either "withdraw" from the DC/federal/communist government, or to successfully oppose it in an effort to "restore" the United States to its Constitutional traditions.

And anyone who believes this will be accomplished without gunsmoke is out-of-touch with reality. It may actually come down to biden's warning about F-15's and those other things.

Back in the 1770's the Colonists were in a similar situation -- how to oppose the British and preserve rights and freedoms that they saw the British trying to take away from them.

Their solution was brilliant:
A "Continental Congress" convened to bring delegates from the Colonies together to voice grievances and then hopefully decide how to proceed.

I've posted this before, I'll repeat:
It's time for a "New Continental Congress", convened of delegates from the aggrieved states. Hopefully, the delegates will be chosen with care and foresight. We're not talking "politicians" here. Let them gather, in the spirit of the Congress that met before them 250 years ago, and see where their collective spirit can take us.

This can be and SHOULD BE conducted entirely "extra-Constitutlonally", outside the reach and control of the DC/communist government.

Perhaps it will lead to a new ... ummm... "confederation" of the aggrieved states. Indeed, that may become the only way by which we can move towards a "resolution".

Otherwise, the course ahead is clear: nothing less than submission to the new American communism.