Author Topic: Flight from Afghanistan  (Read 1074 times)

Offline AARguy

Flight from Afghanistan
« on: July 06, 2021, 01:36:28 am »
US Forces evacuated Baghram Air Base in the dead of the night without any warning. They turned off the electricity and the water and left. They did not inform the incoming Afghan Commander, who did not learn about them leaving until two hours after they had departed.

There is currently a scramble to save the native interpreters and others who helped us. While there are rumors about some arrangements being made with Tajikstan to house them until they can be processed to come to America, that is all conjecture.

When I was in Iraq training the NEW IRAQI ARMY I had an I-T (Interpreter-Translator) named Ayman. A wonderful young Christian guy and recent graduate of Baghdad University. When we prepared to leave he begged for us for help. He had already lost two cousins and an in-law, murdered because he had helped us. I met with Duncan Hunter, who proved to be no help at all.

If we leave these allies abandoned, it says a lot about who and what we are. It also hurts any chances that allies will trust us in any future conflicts. This whole episode is a national disgrace.

The bloody floodgates are being opened. It will continue to haunt us for years.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Flight from Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 05:26:51 am »
Thousands we know nothing about are flooding our southern border daily, yet those who were interpreters for us, who worked with our forces in their own country, are in left peril because of paperwork???

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 05:38:17 am »
Thousands we know nothing about are flooding our southern border daily, yet those who were interpreters for us, who worked with our forces in their own country, are in left peril because of paperwork???

And you can bet we're about to get a lot more Afghanis.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 05:46:21 am »
And you can bet we're about to get a lot more Afghanis.
Probably the wrong ones, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis