Author Topic: Has there ever been a nation in history with more opportunities for Black people than the USA?  (Read 196 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By H.P. Smith
We hear a lot about Critical Race Theory and how America is a systemically racist country.  Everything is all about skin color and which group — oppressor or oppressed — you belong to. I hesitate to write this article because to even broach the topic of race these days or to offer an honest critique runs the risk of being labeled a racist and being canceled.[/i]

We see constant examples of real racism, largely against White people.  The evidence is indisputable.  Along with the racism comes a colossal double-standard, which should be enough to make your blood boil.  In America today, anti-White racism is not only accepted but even fashionable!

Take, for example, recent statements made by Jalen Rose, a Black former professional basketball player, about current NBA player Kevin Love, who is White, being included on the Olympic basketball team.  Rose said, "Kevin Love is on the team because of tokenism."

Rose is upset that Love was the lone White player selected on an otherwise all-Black team.  I thought liberals were all about "Inclusion!"  Does Jalen Rose still have his commentator job?  Yup.

Now just imagine for a moment that some retired White NHL player came out with the exact same comment about a Black hockey player being included on the Olympic hockey team.  It would be utter chaos.  He would be branded a racist for life and almost certainly lose his job with whatever sports network he worked for.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/has_there_ever_been_a_nation_in_history_with_more_opportunities_for_black_people_than_the_usa.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

In reply. No.

Years ago I worked for a large General Contractor (they built Epcot) in the Detroit area and we had to keep documentation (hours worked, pay scale) of how many Blacks were on the job. Every three months those documents/files were checked in order for our company to get paid. It was part of my job to keep those documents. 

I also had the pleasure (?) of reading essays written by high school seniors as to why they deserved on the job training. What a complete disaster those essays were.  Conservatively, the education level of the essays were 3rd or 4th grade at best. Misspellings, horrible grammar and a lack of sentence structure.   Yet a dozen of these kids were given jobs.

One of my jobs was also to make sure that blueprints for projects to be bid on were available in our lobby; the person who was supposed to pick up the blueprints from the architects was Black.  One day I waited and waited for her to show up.  She finally called to say that she was going to be late because she had to pick up her "kid". Keep in mind that she was in a company vehicle.  When I brought it to the personnel manager's attention, he told me to let it go.  Seriously??

So .... I've seen firsthand the "poor black"  playbook and in my opinion they have been given many opportunities above and beyond what others get.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.