Author Topic: ELECTRIC VEHICLES ON COLLISION COURSE WITH REALITY  (Read 1569 times)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: ELECTRIC VEHICLES ON COLLISION COURSE WITH REALITY
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 04:03:40 pm »
We as a nation are headed to brown outs daily across the country.  Utterly stupid Democommie policies will destroy many peoples' comfort and wellbeing to eliminate fossil fuels.

Leaders of the west are foolish to push their oppressive policies, harming their own people while China and India go full throttle to build coal burning power plants.

The press for electric cars, which are much more expensive, and do not hold their value is beyond idiotic.  Almost all electric cars are sold with high tax credits, and they are leased not bought.  A windfall for the car manufacturers.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 04:05:20 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2021, 04:11:15 pm »
 *****rollingeyes***** I guess I wasn't sufficiently and precisely verbose! My meaning that I thought clear was that mankind does not have the precise measured temperatures data from a worldwide network of weather stations for enough centuries to support claims of tenths of a degree per decade or per century increases. *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2021, 10:12:58 pm »
And why the ASSumption that Earth's climate is static?

As I've been pointing out for years, thermometers with useful resolution have not been around long enough to have a meaningful temperature profile for ANY single location on Earth. Further, the large number and extensive geographic coverage of weather stations  necessary for a meaningful profile of temperatures all over the Earth has been in existence for a century or so at most, and probably for only a few decades.

That's a verbose way of saying, "Mankind does not have the data necessary to support claims of any kind about global climate."
In examining samples of fifteen thousand feet of rock leading to the crystalline basement in the Williston Basin, and thousands of feet of accumulated sedimentary rock in areas from the Basin and Range of Nevada to West Texas (Permian Basin), through the Rockies, and in the Appalachians and Alleghenies as well, I can safely say that not only have the temperature and water depth and other surface conditions on the Continent changed drastically over the eons (as reflected in the properties of the rocks laid down and their environments of deposition), but that these natural processes which occurred long before the presence of humans resulted in surface conditions which would not be conducive to human life unassisted by technology.
Change is the only consistent thing, although the rate at which those changes occur varies, too.

You cannot preserve a dynamic natural system in stasis, any more than humans can stop the Earth in its orbit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 10:16:43 pm »
*****rollingeyes***** I guess I wasn't sufficiently and precisely verbose! My meaning that I thought clear was that mankind does not have the precise measured temperatures data from a worldwide network of weather stations for enough centuries to support claims of tenths of a degree per decade or per century increases. *****rollingeyes*****
What data we have has been massaged more than Algore's chakras...

Places I worked in the 80s and 90s where temperatures had been measured and reported by the NWS at -54 degrees F (the temperature mercury solidifies), and unofficially even colder, are now listed at a mere -50F. The sort of data cooking which not only mutes the natural cycles in the numbers, but which permits the calculation of warmer average temperatures. Just knock a couple degrees C off the coldest days in the boonies, and just like that, it's warmer all over. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2021, 10:44:19 pm »
If they don't know that they know nothing at all.

And conversely (though the converse is a tautology).

It seems possible that both the premise and conclusion are true, an as much as the American Left doesn't know, they emote. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 10:45:21 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2021, 11:19:41 pm »
If they don't know that they know nothing at all.
It isn't that they don't know anything, it is just that so much of it is wrong.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 11:32:32 pm »
From our perspective as long as it doesn't warm past the point where we can survive.

The idea that humans can control the temperature of the planet is silly. The sun, water vapor, the tilt of the earth, the rotation of the earth all play such a huge role we can only impact the climate on the very fringe. We should focus our energy on things we can impact such as pollution.

FACTS. The earth is so very dynamic that it is absurd to believe we can measure it reasonably, not to mention control it. What we can do is follow a simple and pure maxim: Don't sh*t where you eat. In the end, that is what we can control best, and really ALL we can do.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 12:08:32 am »
I'm so old that I remember when "organic" simply meant "carbon based" and had nothing to do with fertilizers or anything else. The only time you ran into the word was when describing a course in college ("organic chemistry") or something that was simply alive.