Author Topic: Report: Driver Trapped in Tesla After It Bursts into Flames, Electronic Doors Fail  (Read 996 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Driver Trapped in Tesla After It Bursts into Flames, Electronic Doors Fail

Lucas Nolan 3 Jul 2021

A Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly erupted into flames outside of Philadelphia, trapping the owner inside after electronically activated doors refused to open, the car owner’s attorneys claim. The driver escaped from the Tesla, but the fire took more than two hours for the fire department to extinguish.

The Washington Post reports that a Tesla Model S Plaid erupted into flames as the owner was driving down the road, the owner’s attorneys claim that the man was briefly trapped inside the burning vehicle after the car’s electronically activated doors refused to open.

The incident took place outside Philadelphia just days after the man received the vehicle that Tesla has hailed as the world’s quickest production car. Tesla said that it delivered the first 25 vehicles in June after CEO Elon Musk held a glamorous media event in Fremont, California.

Authorities from the Gladwyne Fire Department initially stated that they were investigating a fire involving a Tesla Model S but by Thursday, the news released had been taken down. The chief fire officer of the Lower Merion Township Fire Department, Charles McGarvey, confirmed to the Post that there was a fire Tuesday involving a Tesla Model S Plaid and it took over two hours to extinguish.

“With the Teslas, you’ve got to just put copious amounts of water on it,” he said. “After that, you’ve got to sit 45 minutes, an hour, [and] once it stops smoking you can release it to second responders. We had it towed to a location that was secured.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/07/03/report-driver-trapped-in-tesla-after-it-bursts-into-flames-electronic-doors-fail/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well I guess there is an explanation for the high price of Tesla's, they aren't just a car, they're a mobile crematorium too!

Offline PeteS in CA

Tesla top-of-range car caught fire while owner was driving, lawyer says

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-9748545/Tesla-range-car-caught-fire-owner-driving-lawyer-says.html

BERKELEY, California, July 1 (Reuters) - A Tesla Inc Model S Plaid electric vehicle burst into flames on Tuesday while the owner was driving, just three days after the $129,900, top-of-the-range car was delivered following its June launch, an attorney for the driver told Reuters.

The driver, identified as an "executive entrepreneur", was initially not able to get out of the car because its electronic door system failed, prompting the driver to "use force to push it open," Mark Geragos, of Geragos & Geragos, said on Friday.

The car continued to move for about 35 feet to 40 feet (11 to 12 meters) before turning into a "fireball" in a residential area near the owner's Pennsylvania home.

I hear lithium batteries produce superior carbecues.

More seriously, There are several things to which lithium batteries don't react well: impurities (e.g. Dell laptop fires many years ago); wrong charging profile (e.g. the burning Samsung phone model of several years ago); significant mechanical shock (the cause of several previous EV carbecue events).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'd rather drive a Pinto than an EV, thanks.

Of course, it's have to have a few modifications to get around in the winter...

Well, that sucks, the image wouldn't post.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 10:09:50 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

I am glad those with excess property and investment are turning their net worth and even
themselves back to basic carbon. It is the environmental way and an efficient burn.

If you insist on such a purchase, purchase a flashlight with a window breaker on it. Pocket
knives also have such a practical window breaking tip. I am sure the designers will soon
overcome ways to stop doors from being forced.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:05:55 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Report: Driver Trapped in Tesla After It Bursts into Flames, Electronic Doors Fail

Lucas Nolan 3 Jul 2021

A Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly erupted into flames outside of Philadelphia, trapping the owner inside after electronically activated doors refused to open, the car owner’s attorneys claim. The driver escaped from the Tesla, but the fire took more than two hours for the fire department to extinguish.

The Washington Post reports that a Tesla Model S Plaid erupted into flames as the owner was driving down the road, the owner’s attorneys claim that the man was briefly trapped inside the burning vehicle after the car’s electronically activated doors refused to open.

The incident took place outside Philadelphia just days after the man received the vehicle that Tesla has hailed as the world’s quickest production car. Tesla said that it delivered the first 25 vehicles in June after CEO Elon Musk held a glamorous media event in Fremont, California.

Authorities from the Gladwyne Fire Department initially stated that they were investigating a fire involving a Tesla Model S but by Thursday, the news released had been taken down. The chief fire officer of the Lower Merion Township Fire Department, Charles McGarvey, confirmed to the Post that there was a fire Tuesday involving a Tesla Model S Plaid and it took over two hours to extinguish.

“With the Teslas, you’ve got to just put copious amounts of water on it,” he said. “After that, you’ve got to sit 45 minutes, an hour, [and] once it stops smoking you can release it to second responders. We had it towed to a location that was secured.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/07/03/report-driver-trapped-in-tesla-after-it-bursts-into-flames-electronic-doors-fail/

Does anyone REALLY expect electric doors to open in any vehicle that doesn't have a manual override that works when you pull on the door handle?

I am guessing there will be MILLIONS made from this lawsuit. Might even be the end of the company.

BTW,am I the only one wanting to know HOW he got out of the burning car if the doors were all locked?

Did he use a firearm to shoot or break out a window he could climb out of?

WHY is the news NOT telling us how to get out of a car in these circumstances?

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 04:56:03 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does anyone REALLY expect electric doors to open in any vehicle that doesn't have a manual override that works when you pull on the door handle?

I am guessing there will be MILLIONS made from this lawsuit. Might even be the end of the company.

BTW,am I the only one wanting to know HOW he got out of the burning car if the doors were all locked?

Did he use a firearm to shoot or break out a window he could climb out of?

WHY is the news NOT telling us how to get out of a car in these circumstances?

My guess is he used something like this:

I keep one of these babies in the council of both our cars.  A knife to cut through a seat belt, and a hammer to break out a window.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I keep one of these babies in the council of both our cars.  A knife to cut through a seat belt, and a hammer to break out a window.

@Cyber Liberty

I keep neither. I am a realist,and I know it would end up being out of reach if I needed the damn thing.

Then again,I carry a gun,it's always within easy reach,so I don't need one of those things or a knife.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I keep neither. I am a realist,and I know it would end up being out of reach if I needed the damn thing.

Then again,I carry a gun,it's always within easy reach,so I don't need one of those things or a knife.

My gun is in the door-pocket on the driver's side, and the hammer is in the console.  Both within immediate reach.  Fortunately I have both arms.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cue up Dr. Strangelove with Slim Pickens playing Major "King" Kong:
"Fire the explosive bolts!"

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Save the Planet....   Buy a Telsa.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I bought a tool from Army surplus when I was in High school that I have always kept by the drivers seat, good for breaking windows, cutting seatbelts and extending my reach in survival situations. It's one of those racy Italian imports. I did lose the carrying case though.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I am glad those with excess property and investment are turning their net worth and even
themselves back to basic carbon. It is the environmental way and an efficient burn.

If you insist on such a purchase, purchase a flashlight with a window breaker on it. Pocket
knives also have such a practical window breaking tip. I am sure the designers will soon
overcome ways to stop doors from being forced.
Back in the day, I actually got to sit in a Bricklin, then being marketed as a safety car. It had gull wing doors and a midships engine, and was well reinforced, with the result that those who purchased and wrecked them (some spectacularly) usually survived quite well.

Aside from a lack of cockpit room, the battery died in the one I was in, and the only alternative to gain egress was to pull the safety pin in the door linkage and push the door open to escape. The cockpit fit snugly, without room for moving around, so I couldn't change positions from the Driver's seat to try to open the door manually. Needless to say, the windows were electric, and not going anywhere. The door weighed well over 90 lbs, and had to be lifted by the driver's left arm. It took a friend, the dealer, and me to get it open. I wished the dealer luck in unloading the two he had on the lot, but basically said that it just wasn't the car for me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis