Author Topic: Report: San Jose Residents Face Confiscation for Unpaid Gun Owner Fee  (Read 508 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: San Jose Residents Face Confiscation for Unpaid Gun Owner Fee

AWR Hawkins 3 Jul 2021

A report from Fox Business notes that San Jose residents who refuse to comply with a city-level fee on gun ownership will face confiscation of their firearms.

On June 30, 2021, Breitbart News reported the San Jose city council passed more gun control in response to the May 26, 2021, mass shooting in the city. That attacker in that incident used legally purchased handguns which were registered in California in accordance with state law.

NBC Bay Area reports that the San Jose City Council’s gun control response included a liability insurance requirement for gun owners and fee which will be imposed on gun ownership.

Fox Business notes that “officials said that anyone found to be in noncompliance will have their weapons confiscated.”

Some San Jose residents suggested the city council’s gun controls make exercising the Second Amendment cost prohibitive.

San Jose resident Sasha Sherman told the council, “I strongly oppose more taxation on legal gun owners. Each time a gun owner buys ammunition, they pay an 11% tax, plus a background check fee.”

Another San Jose resident claimed the gun controls “[put] a financial burden on a constitutional right, which is the right to bear arms.”

San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo (D) said, “Crooks aren’t going to follow this law.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/03/report-san-jose-residents-face-confiscation-for-unpaid-gun-owner-fee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Some years ago, I bought several weapons at one time at the large gun store.  The guy went to the back to get a background check on me and came back and said, "I can't believe it!  There is nothing on your record!"  That made me think, "I wonder who is buying weapons here?"

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak

Some years ago, I bought several weapons at one time at the large gun store.  The guy went to the back to get a background check on me and came back and said, "I can't believe it!  There is nothing on your record!"  That made me think, "I wonder who is buying weapons here?"

Interesting.  I know you don't go out looking skeezy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AARguy

Starting 1 September, here in Texas, "Constitutional Carry" (open or concealed carrying of weapons) without any permit or registration will be allowed for any legal gun owner. What a contrast with California. We also have almost no COVID restrictions here either. Everything is and has been open from stores to restaurants to beaches to churches and more. Our kids go to real schools and are taught face-to-face with real teachers. The lines between free and slave states is becoming clear. And this time, it is the free states that are in the south.