Author Topic: Eleven arrested in armed militia group stand off with police near Boston  (Read 1683 times)

Offline libertybele

Eleven arrested in armed militia group stand off with police near Boston

Eleven heavily armed, self-professed militia members were arrested near Boston Saturday, ending an overnight stand off that shut down a major U.S. Interstate at the start of the Independence holiday.

The group, identified by multiple media outlets including WBZ Boston, a CBS affiliate, are members of the "Rise of the Moors", a group that does not recognize American laws, but professes to be peaceful.

Two of the men were taken into custody early in the morning, as officers negotiated with the leaders, seeking their peaceful surrender. Another 7 were apprehended after 10 a.m., police said in a statement.

Police remained on the scene and found two additional people, bringing the arrest total to 11. No other information was immediately available on the arrests.

No shots have been reported fired, and no injuries were reported during the encounter, which started about 1 a.m. when a state trooper saw two cars stopped in a breakdown lane with groups of men armed with rifles and pistols standing around, police said.

The group, whose self-professed leader told police that the men were traveling from Rhode Island to Maine for some "training", scattered into the nearby woods off Interstate 95 after police asked for their identification and gun permits..............

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/two-arrested-armed-militia-group-stands-off-with-police-closes-highway-near-2021-07-03/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Rise of the Moors website

Hmm... I wonder how the FBI and the media will spin this as another white nationalist group?   :pondering:  :shrug: *****rollingeyes*****
Let it burn.

Offline libertybele

Hmm... I wonder how the FBI and the media will spin this as another white nationalist group?   :pondering:  :shrug: *****rollingeyes*****

I did a 'google search' trying to find out how many militias are in the U.S. out of curiosity.  The data that comes up for FL is dated back to 1995.  So, my guess is that the number of militias and members is unknown.  But I did find a current article dated 2020 stating that FL has the 2nd largest hate groups in the U.S. and the FBI's top priority is to disrupt them.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/10/09/disrupting-illegal-militia-activity-top-priority-for-fbi/

I thought that the 1st amendment grants us the right to assemble.  I guess the key word and grey area is "peaceful assemble".

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I knew it!  Cyber's Law:  "If the race of the perps is not in the story, then they're POC."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"I wonder how the FBI and the media will spin this as another white nationalist group?"

The story will disappear.
The "investigation" will be dropped.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I knew it!  Cyber's Law:  "If the race of the perps is not in the story, then they're POC."
I thought it was a giveaway in the second line.

The group, identified by multiple media outlets including WBZ Boston, a CBS affiliate, are members of the "Rise of the Moors", a group that does not recognize American laws, but professes to be peaceful.

Are Moors African?
They were Black Muslims of Northwest African and the Iberian Peninsula during the medieval era. This included present day Spain and Portugal as well as the Maghreb and western Africa, whose culture is often called Moorish.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought it was a giveaway in the second line.

Are Moors African?
They were Black Muslims of Northwest African and the Iberian Peninsula during the medieval era. This included present day Spain and Portugal as well as the Maghreb and western Africa, whose culture is often called Moorish.

Well, I didn't know about that...the website of the group that was posted upthread cleared that up in a couple of sentences.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

Absolutely. I mentioned this case to Mr. M and he said, oh yeah, he read about it at Yahoo. He had no idea these weren't white supremacists. Yahoo had not one word about the perps being blacks, separatists, "Moors" (or Moops, as the case may be) or anything else.

Dear reader, we will leave out all relevant facts so you'll assume the story is about white supremacists, who are currently trying to overthrow America and "our democracy."  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Well, I didn't know about that...the website of the group that was posted upthread cleared that up in a couple of sentences.
The Moors who inhabited N. Africa and invaded Spain did not look like sub-Saharan blacks. The Moors were swarthier Caucasians.

Online mountaineer

Told ya. White supremacists. Note how the first photo has nothing to do with the story.

source: twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1411466493997375496
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:39:35 pm by mountaineer »

Online mountaineer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Moors who inhabited N. Africa and invaded Spain did not look like sub-Saharan blacks. The Moors were swarthier Caucasians.

I was hoping it referred to the rolling hillside of Scotland.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Interesting information under this video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2V4yYo1qg

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

How many fishbelly white Irish guys are going to call their group The Rise of the Moors?

The Moors were dark skinned.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

The leader's live streamed video on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/MoorishAmericanNationalsHub/videos/120002073544689/
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
11 ‘heavily armed’ members of an extremist militia group arrested; media buries mention that they are Black

American Thinker by Thomas Lifson 7/4/2021

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/11_heavily_armed_members_of_an_extremist_militia_group_arrested_media_buries_mention_that_they_are_black.html

Imagine if these people were White! It would be the top story all weekend, and you know it. But they are Black, so only in the 22nd paragraph of this New York Times article does the word “Black” appear.

First paragraph:

Eleven men were taken into custody on Saturday after a lengthy roadside standoff between police officers in Massachusetts and a group of heavily armed men in tactical gear who claimed to be part of a group called Rise of the Moors.

Twenty-second paragraph:

“We do not intend to be hostile, we do not intend to be aggressive,” he added later. “We are not anti-government, we are not anti-police, we are not sovereign citizens and we are not Black identity extremists.”

The New York Post was less obscurantist, but still shy. It took them ten paragraphs to get to B – L – A – C – K.

First paragraph:

Eleven “heavily armed” members of a fringe group called Rise of the Moors were arrested on a Massachusetts highway Saturday following a bizarre nine-hour standoff with law enforcement that included hostage negotiators.

Tenth paragraph:

“We’re not anti-government. We’re not anti-police. We’re not sovereign citizens. We’re not black identity extremists,” the man in the video said. “We haven’t violated any laws.”

Even Jen Psaki couldn’t claim with a straight face that this story wouldn’t dominate the news if this group had been lily white.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Sorry I ruined your Rise of the Moors Party.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

11 ‘heavily armed’ members of an extremist militia group arrested; media buries mention that they are Black

American Thinker by Thomas Lifson 7/4/2021

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/11_heavily_armed_members_of_an_extremist_militia_group_arrested_media_buries_mention_that_they_are_black.html

I haven't (and won't) do a survey of MSM coverage of this, but while at the gym yesterday AM the close-captioned coverage of this incident on CNN had me assuming that the morons were white. In most police encounters with "Sovereign Citizen" morons I'd heard of previously (minor traffic stops), the morons were whites. So I was mildly surprised to learn the current bunch are blacks (IIRC, the real-life Moors who conquered most of the Iberian Peninsula were more likely to own black slaves than to be blacks).

OTOH, I was amused to see, on another conservative site I frequent, that Democratic Underground denizens knee-jerkingly ASSumed these "Sovereign Citizen" "militia" types had to be white - because Prog stereotypes - and then learned otherwise. :silly: If conclusion jumping were an Olympic sport DU denizens would sweep all three medals every Olympiad. :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

WAKEFIELD (CBS) —  I-Team sources say Jahmal Latimer, also known as Talib Abdulla Bey, is the self-proclaimed head of “Rise Of The Moors”,  a group of the heavily-armed men who were arrested on Route 95 in Wakefield.

He and 10 other suspects have been charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, use of body armor in crime, possession of a high capacity magazine, and improper firearm storage in a vehicle.

Latimer posted a YouTube video last month showing him racking a gun and bragging that he had three.  ...

Latimer live-streamed the standoff with the State Police, and online says he is the Moorish American Consular Post Head, part of the Moorish American Arms, and co-founder of Rise Of The Moors, which the website says is a non-profit educational group in Rhode Island.

He also says he is the grand chief of the territory most people know as Rhode Island and says he and his followers are not citizens, but are American nationals. The group flies the Moroccan flag and told police they were going to training camp in Maine.  ...
WBZ

Few people realize the Moors conquered Rhode Island and parts of Connecticut, just before the conquest and subsequent 800-year rule of the Iberian Peninsula.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I haven't (and won't) do a survey of MSM coverage of this, but while at the gym yesterday AM the close-captioned coverage of this incident on CNN had me assuming that the morons were white. In most police encounters with "Sovereign Citizen" morons I'd heard of previously (minor traffic stops), the morons were whites. So I was mildly surprised to learn the current bunch are blacks (IIRC, the real-life Moors who conquered most of the Iberian Peninsula were more likely to own black slaves than to be blacks).

OTOH, I was amused to see, on another conservative site I frequent, that Democratic Underground denizens knee-jerkingly ASSumed these "Sovereign Citizen" "militia" types had to be white - because Prog stereotypes - and then learned otherwise. :silly: If conclusion jumping were an Olympic sport DU denizens would sweep all three medals every Olympiad. :silly:

Gee Whiz, Pete!

(There's something in a name, and that the MSM wouldn't know a Moor from a Venetian, is no surprise.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Gee Whiz, Pete!

(There's something in a name, and that the MSM wouldn't know a Moor from a Venetian, is no surprise.)

That did, at the time, strike me as odd, not consistent with a White Whackos narrative. In general, ignorance of things reported on is pervasive, close to universal, among MSM "reporters".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 01:32:27 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Ghost Bear

Don't worry,where there is a will,there is a way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I did a 'google search' trying to find out how many militias are in the U.S. out of curiosity.  The data that comes up for FL is dated back to 1995.  So, my guess is that the number of militias and members is unknown.  But I did find a current article dated 2020 stating that FL has the 2nd largest hate groups in the U.S. and the FBI's top priority is to disrupt them.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/10/09/disrupting-illegal-militia-activity-top-priority-for-fbi/

I thought that the 1st amendment grants us the right to assemble. 
I guess the key word and grey area is "peaceful assemble".

@libertybele

The key to this is WHO gets to define what "peacefully assemble" means.

For example,the current goobermint in Portland defines blacks and communists rioting and setting fire to white businesses while attacking white people is considered to be "peacefully assembling to air their grievances against the kracka bastards that keep putting blacks and communist revolutionaries in prison for minor things like setting fire to occupied buildings."

Whereas,any krackas that fight back are considered to be racists that are committing hate crimes.

See,it's really easy to understand.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

They have a court hearing this morning, which is being covered by WBZ.

https://twitter.com/Lisa_Gresci/status/1412342760695341056

Online mountaineer

A refusal to acknowledge US laws, belief in UFOs and selling fake passports to pay for their abandoned house HQ: The inside story of the 'Rise of the Moors' militia who hit the headlines after stand-off with Massachusetts cops

11 'armed and dangerous' men who claimed to be part of an extremist group known as 'Rise of the Moors' were taken into custody on Saturday outside Boston
    The men were arrested after an nine-hour standoff with Massachusetts police
    They claimed to be part of 'a militia' group based in Pawtucket, Rhode Island that does 'does not recognize' US laws
    Rise of the Moors are an offshoot a rapidly growing, larger antigovernment group known as 'Moorish sovereign citizens' that began in the late 1990s
    They believe that a bogus US treaty with Morocco from 1787 allows them to belong to their own sovereign nation and therefore not subject to any US laws
    They also claim that its followers are the 'aboriginal people' of the US
    The group takes its teachings partly from a religious sect known as the Moorish Science Temple founded by Noble Drew Ali, dating back to 1913
    Rise of the Moors have a large social media presence, with more than 17,000 subscribers to the group's YouTube channel

By Tate Delloye For Dailymail.com
Published: 18:13 EDT, 5 July 2021 | Updated: 19:47 EDT, 5 July 2021   ... Story here