Author Topic: Psaki’ s BS has gotten so blatant that even reporters from NYT, Bloomberg, Politico and NPR called h  (Read 678 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Thinker by Thomas Lifson 7/4/2021

Psaki’ s BS has gotten so blatant that even reporters from NYT, Bloomberg, Politico and NPR called her out Friday

Last Friday saw something of a landmark, less than half a year after the Biden administration assumed office.  The level of gaslighting – proclaiming things that are the exact opposite of the truth, such as blaming Republicans for defunding the police – has gotten so bad that even members of the progressive media feel free to mock at least some if the bilge they are being fed by Biden’s handlers’ press secretary, Jen Psaki.

The issue that provoked negative feedback from her normally supportive allies was not top-of-mind stuff like defunding the police, but rather an inside baseball sort of issue. I consider it a warning shot across her bow, warning her to keep lies to a level that could plausibly be sold to the public. “Don’t force us to peddle utter crap that everyone can recognize as BS” is my rough translation of the implicit message.

Nick Arama of Red State spotted the blowback:

… Fox’s Peter Doocy asked White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki for comment about the reports. He asked if the White House was concerned that staffers reportedly felt like they worked in an abusive environment? Jen Psaki’s response to staffers allegedly being abused? Oh, those are anonymous reports so I don’t have to respond to them

Keep in mind that anonymous sources are the bread and butter of the While House and entire DC press corps. They are highly attuned to the nuances and are protected by clear rules on the use of anonymous sources. The first member of WH press corps to react came from Bloomberg, pointing to Psaki as a systemic user of anonymity:

---

Will Psaki heed the warning? She is only the mouthpiece, so she doesn’t get to decide what tacks to take, she obeys orders and tries not to smile when she is peddling BS.

I don’t think Jill Biden, Ron Klain, or whoever else Biden worries about getting in trouble with will change their tune.

And the agitprop media reporters will continue to assist the Biden administration in its propaganda operations, albeit with a little less enthusiasm, and a certain wariness.

Nonetheless, this is a landmark, demonstrating that the BS levels have gotten so bad that they cannot be sustained, even with a cooperative media.

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/psaki_s_bs_has_gotten_so_blatant_that_even_reporters_from_nyt_bloomberg_politico_and_npr_called_her_out_friday.html

Offline PeteS in CA

Psaki's lies and evasions have been phoning-it-in grade incompetent. I'll be surprised if she lasts more than a year.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Psaki's lies and evasions have been phoning-it-in grade incompetent. I'll be surprised if she lasts more than a year.

She's already said she's gone in a year.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Yep, she is short-timing
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LMAO

From the article...
"Will Psaki heed the warning? She is only the mouthpiece, so she doesn’t get to decide what tacks to take, she obeys orders and tries not to smile when she is peddling BS."

This is why the ire should be directed at the administration and not her
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just a psaki of pshitski...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From the article...
"Will Psaki heed the warning? She is only the mouthpiece, so she doesn’t get to decide what tacks to take, she obeys orders and tries not to smile when she is peddling BS."

This is why the ire should be directed at the administration and not her

Are you suggesting Heels-Up isn't a POS?   wink777
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As I said back during the Trump administration, the press secretary is a position that has outlived its usefulness. The last one I ever saw have any sort of effectiveness was Ari Fleischer and that was almost 20 years ago now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As I said back during the Trump administration, the press secretary is a position that has outlived its usefulness. The last one I ever saw have any sort of effectiveness was Ari Fleischer and that was almost 20 years ago now.

Tony Snow was fantastic!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.