Author Topic: Biden: ‘You Can’t Define America. I Defy You To Tell Me What Constitutes An American. You Can’t Do I  (Read 1145 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘You Can’t Define America. I Defy You To Tell Me What Constitutes An American. You Can’t Do It.’
By  Daily Wire News

Jul 2, 2021   DailyWire.com

President Joe Biden raised eyebrows with a remark that he made on Friday at a naturalization ceremony with essential workers and military service members, saying that there was no set standard of what constitutes an American.

“I’ve often said that America is the only nation in the world founded on an idea,” Biden said. “Every other nation in the world is founded on the basis of either that — geography or ethnicity or religion. You can define every — almost everyone else based on those characteristics, but you can’t define America. I defy you to tell me what constitutes an American. You can’t do it. We’re an incredibly diverse democracy.”

“But there is one thing that does define us a country: We were founded on an idea that, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men [and women] are created equal…endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights…Life, Liberty, [and] the pursuit of Happiness,'” he added. “It sounds corny to Americans, as we learn this in grade school and high school. We’ve never fully lived up to it, but we’ve never, ever, ever walked away from it. Every generation opens that aperture a little bit wider.”

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1411043066610388998

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-you-cant-define-america-i-defy-you-to-tell-me-what-constitutes-an-american-you-cant-do-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Someone pinch me.  I must be asleep, and am dreaming that an ultimate idiot is POTUS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Someone pinch me.  I must be asleep, and am dreaming that an ultimate idiot is POTUS.

Ok, Joe. Call me. I'll tell you what an American is.  By the way Joe, you just ain't American enough!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Last time he tried....he failed.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online dfwgator

It's certainly not you, Joe.

Offline Absalom

Politicians are coarse and vulgar morons, at their core.
As such, they should avoid ideas, their mortal enemy.
Someone alert Bozo Biden.
Defining nationality begins w/geography followed by history.
Defining America/Americans begins w/England which
provided our heritage/legacy, a reality.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Politicians are coarse and vulgar morons, at their core.
As such, they should avoid ideas, their mortal enemy.
Someone alert Bozo Biden.
Defining nationality begins w/geography followed by history.
Defining America/Americans begins w/England which
provided our heritage/legacy, a reality.

Someone Slap me.  I agree with Ab.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Someone Slap me.  I agree with Ab.

Someone hacked his TBR account. 

Offline skeeter

Striking just the right note leading up to the July 4th weekend. Dumbass.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Striking just the right note leading up to the July 4th weekend. Dumbass.

Right up there with announcing we are withdrawing from Afghanistan September 11th this year.

Offline skeeter

Right up there with announcing we are withdrawing from Afghanistan September 11th this year.
hard to believe it’s not intentional.

Not on China Joe’s part, mind you. He has no clue.

Offline roamer_1

This is just like those who say you cannot define Conservatism...
Always an excuse to justify something awful and opposite...

Offline skeeter

This is just like those who say you cannot define Conservatism...
Always an excuse to justify something awful and opposite...
A lot of that going around. There was a lot of definitions, rationalizations and justifications used to excuse the administration we have in place today.

Offline roamer_1

A lot of that going around. There was a lot of definitions, rationalizations and justifications used to excuse the administration we have in place today.

And the one before that
And the one before that
And the one before that...
 :whistle:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Note to help Joe:  These are not Americans

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

It sounds corny to Americans, as we learn this in grade school and high school.
The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution do not sound corny. They sound magnificent and divinely inspired to me, you old sack of slobber.

The problem is that today's grade school and high school students don't learn anything about them except that they were created by slave-holding old white men.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution do not sound corny. They sound magnificent and divinely inspired to me, you old sack of slobber.

The problem is that today's grade school and high school students don't learn anything about them except that they were created by slave-holding old white men.

Magnificent, divinely inspired and definitive, ie not open to interpretation. Unlike so much of the rest of contemporary political jargon.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
OK, Mr. President.

What constitutes an American?

- Born in the United States AND subject to its jurisdiction. (14th Amendment, 1st Clause)
- OR -
- Conforming to the Rule of Naturalization set forth by Congress. (Article I, Section 8, 3rd Clause)
- OR -
- Whosoever the 13 original states at the time of the Constitution's drafting may see fit. (Article I, Section 9, 1st Clause)

It's all in the Constitution he swore to serve and protect.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

These are the same people who denigrate American Exceptionalism.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:45:27 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

But the sad reality, IMO, is that no American military unit(s) of the same size as the Chinese in the photo would be able to duplicate the precision in which they march/move in synchronization.

Second exhibit B would be the Beijing Olympics Pre-Lighting of the torch to begin the games.  Haven't seen anything comparable before or since.

We had better have an orbital laser weapon that can destroy entire cities...or we're dead meat.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

But the sad reality, IMO, is that no American military unit(s) of the same size as the Chinese in the photo would be able to duplicate the precision in which they march/move in synchronization.

Second exhibit B would be the Beijing Olympics Pre-Lighting of the torch to begin the games.  Haven't seen anything comparable before or since.

We had better have an orbital laser weapon that can destroy entire cities...or we're dead meat.
Just a sampling of what we are up against.

How the Chinese have developed a way to have tanks cross a river in 30 minutes

https://i.imgur.com/ScIH8im.mp4
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:08:34 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

@IsailedawayfromFR

YIKES!! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

Oh yeah? Well, we've developed maternity flight suits.

Online DCPatriot

Oh yeah? Well, we've developed maternity flight suits.

:laughingdog:

Online Wingnut

C'mon man. you can tell they are not American's by looking at them.....  Not a fat over-weight one in the whole lot!  Look at all the money the Chinese save on uniforms.  They only make them in one size.