Author Topic: Cardinal among 10 indicted by Vatican for financial crimes  (Read 504 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cardinal among 10 indicted by Vatican for financial crimes
« on: July 03, 2021, 05:40:35 pm »
Cardinal among 10 indicted by Vatican for financial crimes

VATICAN CITY, July 3 (Reuters) - A prominent Italian cardinal was among 10 people sent to trial in the Vatican on Saturday charged with financial crimes including embezzlement, money laundering, fraud, extortion and abuse of office.

Cardinal Angelo Becciu, formerly a senior official in the Vatican administration, as well as two top officials at the Vatican's Financial Intelligence Unit will go on trial on July 27 over a multi-million euro scandal involving the Vatican's purchase of a building in one of London's smartest districts.

The trial will inevitably bring a swirl of media interest to the tiny city-state surrounded by Rome, and appears to underscore Pope Francis' determination to cure the rot in Vatican finances, even if it involves messy public hearings.

Becciu, 73, whom the pope fired from his senior clerical post last year for alleged nepotism, and who has always maintained his innocence during a two-year investigation, becomes the most senior Vatican official to be charged with financial crimes..............

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/vatican-judge-indicts-10-including-cardinal-alleged-financial-crimes-2021-07-03/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

Re: Cardinal among 10 indicted by Vatican for financial crimes
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 01:57:11 am »
I was unaware the Vatican had its own criminal justice system.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 01:56:42 pm »
Vatican City is a sovereign nation. I forget whether that was via a treaty with Garibaldi or Mussolini.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 04:36:51 pm »
This had to have been so huge it involved outside banks and there was no hiding it,or we would never have heard of it.

What were they buying,little boys?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 05:48:19 pm »
Vatican City is a sovereign nation.
I knew that. Just never gave any thought to the idea of a criminal justice system, for some reason.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org