Author Topic: Gulf Of Mexico On Fire After Pipeline Burst  (Read 1444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gulf Of Mexico On Fire After Pipeline Burst
« on: July 03, 2021, 01:37:28 pm »
Gulf Of Mexico On Fire After Pipeline Burst

Ashley Carnahan
Contributor
July 02, 2021 7:52 PM ET

Flames erupted in the Gulf of Mexico Friday after an underwater gas pipeline burst, Bloomberg reported.

Mexican state-owned oil company “Petroleos Mexicanos,” commonly known as “Pemex,” released a statement saying a 12-inch submarine pipeline burst at 5:15 a.m., sending flames to the surface of the Gulf of Mexico.

The leak occurred 150 meters from the Ku-Maloob-Zaap’s Ku-C satellite platform in the Campeche Sound. The company announced the situation had been “dealt with immediately.” Three firefighting vessels were sent to the scene.

Pemex added that the pipeline valves were shut off, and the fire was extinguished at 10:45 a.m. There were no reported injuries, and the company said it would investigate the incident.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/02/gulf-of-mexico-fire-pipeline-burst/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Gulf Of Mexico On Fire After Pipeline Burst
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 02:27:56 pm »
Lucky the platforms are not also burning.

A leak on the ocean floor cannot catch fire unless there is a spark.

Curious on how that spark came about.

Platforms would be burning if it was from them.  Possibly a ship, which is now sunk.

I suspect Pemex had some divers working on the leak and it ignited.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:29:57 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 02:35:51 pm »
That is cool looking.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 02:40:34 pm »
That is cool looking.

Still trying to figure out what the boat in the top left is trying to accomplish.  Like peeing on a forest fire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 02:42:41 pm »
Still trying to figure out what the boat in the top left is trying to accomplish.  Like peeing on a forest fire.

He's got some weak flow though! 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:43:36 pm by Wingnut »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 02:45:43 pm »

Would make a good Flow Max ad.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 02:46:17 pm »
Ku Maloob Zaap Oil Field

http://abarrelfull.wikidot.com/ku-maloob-zaap-oil-field

Summary Information

•   Operator: Pemex
•   Location: Bay of Campeche, located 105 kilometres north-west of Ciudad del Carmen
•   Production start:
•   Partners:
•   Type: Oil / Gas
•   Estimated Reserves:
•   Production Volume: 865,000 barrels per day and 349 million cubic feet of gas

Description

•   This production complex consists of five heavy oil producing fields: Ku, Maloob Zaap Bacab and Lum, which are located in the territorial waters of the Gulf of Mexico, a distance of 105 miles, northwest of Ciudad del Carmen, in a water depth between 60 and 90 meters.
•   It has a total of 170 oil producing wells in operation and is Mexico's biggest producing field
•   The field utilises 17 platforms:

o   Seven drilling platforms: Maloob-C
o   Four production platforms: Ayatsil-C, Maloob-A, Maloob-B
o   Four accommodation platforms: Ha-Zaap-C, Ha-Ku-H
o   One telecommunication platform:
o   One processing platform:

•   The Yuum K Ak Naab FPSO has 600,000 bpd handling capacity inclusive of 200,000 bpd processing capacity with gas export capability

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2021, 02:48:35 pm »

Well it is Mexico....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 02:55:40 pm »
I had watched a documentary years ago about these wells and if I recall they were worried about the caps on them being under so much pressure that they were worried about them eventually erupting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2021, 02:56:56 pm »
Would make a good Flow Max ad.  :cool:

LOL!   :)  Nice

I was thinking those guys need some of this.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:58:03 pm by Wingnut »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2021, 03:06:47 pm »

:silly:

Maybe this guy could deploy from his FlexSeal Boat. 

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2021, 03:25:00 pm »
Though not to the extreme of Venezuela, Mexico milked Pemex to fund corruption and government something-or-others. Predictably, new exploration, equipment upgrades, and maintenance suffered. This may be an example.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2021, 04:32:58 pm »
Why they are trying to keep the atmosphere from igniting of course.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2021, 04:39:44 pm »
Why they are trying to keep the atmosphere from igniting of course.

LMAO....

I've never cleaned in there before.....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2021, 04:53:30 pm »

Just bought some this week.

Won't say what I used it for, though.  But it does work.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2021, 01:55:32 am »
Stupid Mayor Deblasio tweeted something blaming this on level greedy capitalist corporations. A few tweeters reminded him it's an enterprise of the Mexican government.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline AARguy

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2021, 02:27:52 am »
Look at the picture. The Gulf of Mexico is about 600,000 square miles. About the size of Bolivia. The fire and its environs looks to be about the size of a small housefire. You can judge this by the proximity of the boats.

Whoever titled this "Gulf of Mexico on Fire" must be the same person that characterized a few broken windows and some protesters at the Capitol Building as an "Insurrection".

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2021, 09:31:21 am »
Well doggone it! It's hard to have a spectacular disaster when the gas mostly burns off underwater (where is it getting the O2? No oil slick, means no big black smoke plume, and all they have is hyperbole.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 11:42:30 am »
LMAO....

I've never cleaned in there before.....

One of the cleaning crew in JSC Mission Control hit the emergency power shutdown button with the end of the mop handle. They put a cover over the button after that.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 01:55:49 pm »
Just bought some this week.

Won't say what I used it for, though.  But it does work.

Hope it wasn't for a use one would take Flo-Max for!

:)

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »
One of the cleaning crew in JSC Mission Control hit the emergency power shutdown button with the end of the mop handle. They put a cover over the button after that.

I remember that too.  This screenshot was from the SNL Pepsi Syndrome skit after 3 Mile Island. (Bill Murray and Garrett Morris) Maybe I am showing my age.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 02:01:48 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 01:23:38 am »
I remember that too.  This screenshot was from the SNL Pepsi Syndrome skit after 3 Mile Island. (Bill Murray and Garrett Morris) Maybe I am showing my age.
Okay, I'm going on vacation. Just remember you can't add too much water to the reactor.

Did he mean don't add too much, or that there's no limit?

Believe that was another SNL skit long ago...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis