Author Topic: Dan Crenshaw: Troops at Fort Bliss Forced to Wear IDs with Race and Social Class During Diversity Tr  (Read 4427 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wouldn't do it. Period... Maybe why I don't fit with military and corporate types. Go along gets along till you cross that principle truth... Then, no. Come what may. Still no.
You will find me last in line when it comes to the starry eyed embrace of the latest fad. The more fervent the enthusiasm, the more quasi-religious euphoria in the room, the more likely I am to be sliding toward the exit, skepticism in the forefront. If it seems too good to be true, it likely is, and it seems there is always a catch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

No ridicule from me... That's how oaths work around here too. I said it, I'll keep it... As best as I can... My marriage was such an oath that failed - But not by me. I would have kept that oath and lived with that awful woman till I died. Still would for the sake of the oath.

So yeah, I get it. I am the same way. I keep my word. It is the only thing I have.

@roamer_1

Most people don't realize it,but our word/our character is ALL we really "have". Everything else is incidental.

Truth to tell,I honestly feel sorry for people so shallow they don't realize this universal truth. Any pride they ever know is false pride,based on a delusion.

My bad - Should have said 'badges', referring to the OP. I misremembered.
The point being that for all them folks you stood up as not moving if it ain't right, STILL they are doing it down there. Folks are wearing those damn badges.

I'm sorry. I still don't  understand. Are you referring to police?

If you are,I am in general agreement. I have more respect for a pimp than I do a TYPICAL cop of today. They seem to be in it because they like to wear spiffy uniforms,carry a gun in public when other's can't,and bossing people around.

Yes,there ARE dedicated cops,but they seem to be getting rarer and rarer with each day that passes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

You will find me last in line when it comes to the starry eyed embrace of the latest fad. The more fervent the enthusiasm, the more quasi-religious euphoria in the room, the more likely I am to be sliding toward the exit, skepticism in the forefront. If it seems too good to be true, it likely is, and it seems there is always a catch.

That's right. I am more-or-less a bang-for-buck guy... which leaves me well off the bleeding edge in most things... which in turn means that most fads are water off a duck's back if I am aware of them at all. To include political fads btw.

I have never owned a new car, and I never will. Very little I own was bought new. New is for rubes. As much as I can, I will take the things that others threw away, fix them, polish them, and make them perfectly like-new. Turns out that is a philosophy. Who knew?  happy77

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Most people don't realize it,but our word/our character is ALL we really "have". Everything else is incidental.

Truth to tell,I honestly feel sorry for people so shallow they don't realize this universal truth. Any pride they ever know is false pride,based on a delusion.

That is a bare fact.

I'm sorry. I still don't  understand. Are you referring to police?

@sneakypete
Naw. Go back and read the original article - GIs are being made to wear badges with race and social class on em....
For all you said wrt folks not allowing that sort of thing in the military, that would not be moved from the right thing, there they are (GIs), wearing them damn badges.

...which is a damn cryin shame, btw.

Which is what I mean. Honor would dictate that I would not wear such a thing... In the shadow of discharge or in the shadow of Leavenworth... Would not matter. HELL no.

Offline AARguy

There is nothing in anyone's 201 files (that I know of) that references one's parents or grandparents. I would have claimed they were were from Nigeria (all from Ireland in reality) and claimed "OPPRESSED" status for that badge.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is a bare fact.

@sneakypete
Naw. Go back and read the original article - GIs are being made to wear badges with race and social class on em....
For all you said wrt folks not allowing that sort of thing in the military, that would not be moved from the right thing, there they are (GIs), wearing them damn badges.

@roamer_1

Sorry about that. Due to chemo brain,my short term memory sucks.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Sorry about that. Due to chemo brain,my short term memory sucks.

NP brother... All part of the fun, right?   :beer:

Online Kamaji

So racial segregation is being reintroduced into the U.S. military?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is nothing in anyone's 201 files (that I know of) that references one's parents or grandparents.

@AARguy

Not in a 201 file,that every clerk in the army has access to,but you might be surprised how much background is in your security file if you have a Top Secret or code name security clearance. The people that do those investigations ain't playing.

I somehow got hold of mine once,and was shocked to see so much stuff in there that I had forgotten about or hadn't thought about in years. It was a real eye-opener.

This,of course,was in the army of the 60's,where there were no or very few PC officers in line units.

Offline roamer_1

This is predictable IMHO... The US Military holds a truth - There has been no greater engine for churning out conservative middle class blacks and hispanics... Ghetto goes in... Finds new tools... And honor comes out.

The way I hear it, the only color in the military is OD Green. And those successful middle class vets of every color coming out into society are the proof.

Liberals can't have that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is predictable IMHO... The US Military holds a truth - There has been no greater engine for churning out conservative middle class blacks and hispanics... Ghetto goes in... Finds new tools... And honor comes out.

The way I hear it, the only color in the military is OD Green. And those successful middle class vets of every color coming out into society are the proof.

Liberals can't have that.

@roamer_1

It sure as hell was that way when I was in the army. Probably more so in SF than other units because we worked in much smaller groups and had to rely on each other more.

No so sure that is true these days,when so many illegal aliens are allowed to enlist to get citizenship and make their dependents legal.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

It sure as hell was that way when I was in the army. Probably more so in SF than other units because we worked in much smaller groups and had to rely on each other more.

No so sure that is true these days,when so many illegal aliens are allowed to enlist to get citizenship and make their dependents legal.

@sneakypete

What works on inner city blacks works on illegal aliens just the same.

Personally, I have no problem awarding citizenship to an illegal alien that is willing to spill his blood for this country. Any combat soldier has put more on the line than I ever have. If his brass and his unit say it's so that he laid it all on the line, that's the kind we want.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

What works on inner city blacks works on illegal aliens just the same.

Personally, I have no problem awarding citizenship to an illegal alien that is willing to spill his blood for this country. Any combat soldier has put more on the line than I ever have. If his brass and his unit say it's so that he laid it all on the line, that's the kind we want.

@roamer_1

The problem is the combat soldier is a VERY tiny minority of the US Military. Most that join are support pukes,or even Army Reserve. They never do much of anything but fill slots and draw paychecks.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's right. I am more-or-less a bang-for-buck guy... which leaves me well off the bleeding edge in most things... which in turn means that most fads are water off a duck's back if I am aware of them at all. To include political fads btw.

I have never owned a new car, and I never will. Very little I own was bought new. New is for rubes. As much as I can, I will take the things that others threw away, fix them, polish them, and make them perfectly like-new. Turns out that is a philosophy. Who knew?  happy77
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis