State Chapters > Illinois

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot Blames ‘99%’ of Criticisms on Sexism, Racism

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Chicago Mayor Lightfoot Blames ‘99%’ of Criticisms on Sexism, Racism

Pam Key 2 Jul 2021

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Wednesday WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight” that 99% of her critics were attacking her because of her gender and her race.

Anchor Phil Ponce asked, “Mayor, in recent months, there have been questions have been raised about your temperament and your reaction to criticisms. A Tribune editorial used the term irascible. How much of this do you think might have to do with the fact that you are your a woman and specifically a black woman?”

Lightfoot responded, “About 99% of it.”

Ponce said, “Expand on that.”

Lightfoot said, “Look at my predecessors. Did people say that Rich Daley held tea sessions with people that he didn’t disagree on? Rahm Emanuel was a polite guy who was a uniter? No. Women and people of color are always held to a different standard. I’ve known that my whole life. The Tribune or whoever can write what they want. What I am doing is fighting for the residence of this city.”

She continued, “I was elected and ran on disrupting the status quo. When you disrupt the status quo, you are going to make people uncomfortable you are going to have people criticize you.”

She added, “I absolutely understand that the critics, some of them who are out there, are criticizing me because they don’t like to see a woman assume power and forge ahead on an agenda that is about disrupting the status quo.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/02/chicago-mayor-lightfoot-blames-99-of-criticisms-on-sexism-racism/

PeteS in CA:
Same old stupid schtick. While I don't care about a pol's skin color or reproductive plumbing, it's time to respond more simply and on one's own terms. For example: That comment is stupid and reprehensible! Go self-copulate!

Plus or minus the second sentence.

PeteS in CA:
Chicagoland: Potential Mass Shooter Stopped by Man With Concealed Carry Permit

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2021/07/08/potential-mass-shooter-stopped-by-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-n1460477

--- Quote ---Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot claims “racism” is Chicago’s biggest problem. Maybe it’s thugs?

Chicago’s July 4 shoot’em up could have been worse if not for a fast-thinking, quick-drawing fan of the 2nd Amendment.

Shooting suspect Calvin Gonnigan was righteously perforated after shooting three people in Chicago’s dreaded Austin neighborhood. He was asked to stop firing his weapon in the air as kids played nearby. This made Calvin cranky so he started firing at the people.

Concealed Carry
An unidentified concealed pistol permit holder drew his weapon and shot Gonnigan in both arms and the hip, but not before Gonnigan shot one of his victims 10 times. Janina Ford, 45, tried to help a victim as well as try to convince Gonnigan to put down his gun. He shot her once in the face, killing her.

Impulse Control? What’s That?
Gonnigan has some pretty serious previous convictions, including a conviction for “unlawful use of a weapon by a felon” for which he received a 10-year prison sentence. He also has a prior aggravated robbery conviction. ...
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version