Author Topic: When Too Much Power Makes the Elites Insane  (Read 90 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When Too Much Power Makes the Elites Insane
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:25:45 pm »
July 2, 2021
When Too Much Power Makes the Elites Insane
By Jack Gleason

We've all heard the phrase "power corrupts," by Lord Acton, a 19th-century British historian.  The full quote — "Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely" — referred to the absolute power of kings.

Research from 2012 by Katherine A. DeCelles, a University of Toronto professor, concluded that wealth and power don't affect everyone equally — they just allow existing personality traits to emerge to excess.

There are many stories of wealthy people setting up foundations that help millions of people.  But there is a dark side as well.

People with great wealth and power quickly become surrounded by underlings who fawn over their every word.  Every idea is brilliant; every thought is genius.  After a while, they start to think they are gods.

George Soros: "I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of self-importance―to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god or an economic reformer like Keynes or, even better, a scientist like Einstein."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/07/when_too_much_power_makes_the_elites_insane.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34