Author Topic: South Carolina BBQ restaurateur fixes up old cars to donate to families in need  (Read 202 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
South Carolina BBQ restaurateur fixes up old cars to donate to families in need

A South Carolina restaurateur moonlights as an auto mechanic for families in need.

Eliot Middleton, 38, owner of Middleton & Maker Village BBQ, fixes up old cars headed for the junk pile and donates the used autos through his charity, Middleton's Village To Village Foundation.

His idea came to his head two years ago when families would walk miles to come to his food drive.

"And I just felt from that moment is what compelled me to pretty much do the car program," he told FOX Television Stations Tuesday.

His first client was a woman early last year, and since then he said he has fixed nearly $48,000 in repairs, from replacing tires to replacing engines................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mechanic-south-carolina-bbq-restaurateur-fixes-up-old-cars-donate-families-need
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

He sets a good example for all of us. There are ways we can help people in need that we may not have imagined.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

That is a very good idea.  Not having a basic set of wheels that work can mean the difference between having a job and being on welfare (or living on the street).