Author Topic: Hurricane Elsa, (including updates)  (Read 3568 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Hurricane Elsa, (including updates)
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2021, 06:49:16 pm »
Looks like my friends near Wilmington, NC, and a cousin in Delaware will get to share in the Elsa experience.

My brother-in law used to live in Wilmington, NC and indeed it's hurricane alley. After they flooded last hurricane, they moved.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2021, 06:56:01 pm »
We live a bit north of the Keys.  So far, we've have seen some very light rain showers here and there and very little wind. I've spent much of the morning and early afternoon out on our patio. Right now it is not raining and we have no wind, it's just overcast.

Local meteorologists are predicting a Cat 1 hurricane making landfall around Tampa which is further north than where we are.

We still might see some wind gusts of about 50 mph and a little rain with possible storm surge predicted, but we moved off the Gulf onto fresh water, so, the surge won't effect us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2021, 07:20:26 pm »
We live a bit north of the Keys.  So far, we've have seen some very light rain showers here and there and very little wind. I've spent much of the morning and early afternoon out on our patio. Right now it is not raining and we have no wind, it's just overcast.

Local meteorologists are predicting a Cat 1 hurricane making landfall around Tampa which is further north than where we are.

We still might see some wind gusts of about 50 mph and a little rain with possible storm surge predicted, but we moved off the Gulf onto fresh water, so, the surge won't effect us.

Latest advisory has it at 10% chance on tiny bit of slice of the west coast of FL.  There is a tiny tiny slice having it at 20% about 30 miles offshore.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2021, 07:27:38 pm »
Please be safe, all of you who may be affected by the storm.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2021, 11:43:54 pm »
Short update to all those Briefers in potential path.  NHC has edged up expected strength of Elsa to minimal hurricane status (74 mph).  Didn't see too much difference in the advisory as far as path, surge, or rainfall.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.