Author Topic: Vaccinated people safe from delta variant and other COVID-19 mutations  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Hoodat

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19

2021 Apr 22

The largest, a double-blinded RCT by Mahmud49 was conducted in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and targeted 400 patients with 363 patients completing the study. In this study, as in many other of the clinical studies to be reviewed, either a tetracycline (doxycycline) or macrolide antibiotic (azithromycin) was included as part of the treatment. The importance of including antibiotics such as doxycycline or azithromycin is unclear; however, both tetracycline and macrolide antibiotics have recognized anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and even antiviral effects (58–61). Although the posted data from this study does not specify the amount of mildly ill outpatients versus hospitalized patients treated, important clinical outcomes were profoundly affected, with increased rates of early improvement (60.7% vs. 44.4% P < 0.03) and decreased rates of clinical deterioration (8.7% vs. 17.8%, P < 0.02). Given that mildly ill outpatients mainly comprised the study cohort, only 2 deaths were observed (both in the control group).

Ravikirti performed a double-blinded RCT of 115 patients, and although the primary outcome of PCR positivity on day 6 was no different, the secondary outcome of mortality was 0% versus 6.9%, P = .019.60 Babalola in Nigeria also performed a double-blinded RCT of 62 patients, and in contrast to Ravikirti, they found a significant difference in viral clearance between both the low-dose and high-dose treatment groups and controls in a dose dependent fashion, P = .006.59

Another RCT by Hashim et al53 in Baghdad, Iraq, included 140 patients equally divided; the control group received standard care, and the treated group included a combination of both outpatient and hospitalized patients. In the 96 patients with mild-to-moderate outpatient illness, they treated 48 patients with a combination of ivermectin/doxycycline and standard of care and compared outcomes with the 48 patients treated with standard of care alone. The standard of care in this trial included medicines such as dexamethasone 6 mg/d or methylprednisolone 40 mg twice per day if needed, vitamin C 1000 mg twice/day, zinc 75–125 mg/d, vitamin D3 5000 IU/day, azithromycin 250 mg/d for 5 days, and acetaminophen 500 mg as needed. Although no patients in either group progressed or died, the time to recovery was significantly shorter in the ivermectin-treated group (6.3 days vs. 13.7 days, P < 0.0001).

Chaccour et al conducted a small, double-blinded RCT in Spain where they randomized 24 patients to ivermectin versus placebo, and although they found no difference in PCR positivity at day 7, they did find statistically significant decreases in viral loads, patient days of anosmia (76 vs. 158, P < 0.05), and patient days with cough (68 vs. 98, P < 0.05).57

Another RCT of ivermectin treatment in 116 outpatients was performed by Chowdhury et al in Bangladesh where they compared a group of 60 patients treated with the combination of ivermectin/doxycycline to a group of 60 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine/doxycycline with a primary outcome of time to negative PCR.54 Although they found no difference in this outcome, in the treatment group, the time to symptomatic recovery approached statistical significance (5.9 days vs. 7.0 days, P = 0.07). In another smaller RCT of 62 patients by Podder et al, they also found a shorter time to symptomatic recovery that approached statistical significance (10.1 days vs. 11.5 days, P > 0.05, 95% CI, 0.86–3.67).55

A medical group in the Dominican Republic reported a case series of 2688 consecutive symptomatic outpatients seeking treatment in the emergency department, most whom were diagnosed using a clinical algorithm. The patients were treated with a high-dose ivermectin of 0.4 mg/kg for one dose along with 5 days of azithromycin. Remarkably, only 16 of the 2688 patients (0.59%) required subsequent hospitalization with only a single death recorded.61

In another case series of 100 patients in Bangladesh, all treated with a combination of 0.2 mg/kg ivermectin and doxycycline, they found that no patient required hospitalization nor died, and all patients' symptoms improved within 72 hours.62

A case series from Argentina reported on a combination protocol that used ivermectin, aspirin, dexamethasone, and enoxaparin. In the 135 mild illness patients, all survived.50 Similarly, a case series from Mexico of 28 consecutively treated patients with ivermectin, all were reported to have recovered with an average time to full recovery of only 3.6 days.58
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Zinc sulfate in combination with a zinc ionophore may improve outcomes in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
Full text links

Observational Study J Med Microbiol. 2020 Oct;69(10):1228-1234.
doi: 10.1099/jmm.0.001250. Epub 2020 Sep 15.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine ineffective against Delta variant, study suggests
July 20, 2021
Brendan Byrne
According to a new study, the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is ineffective against the Indian ‘Delta’ coronavirus variant.

The findings suggest that a second dose of the J&J vaccine may be required to protect against variants, according to researchers at NYU Grossman School of Medicine.

Researchers discovered that people who received the one-shot vaccine had much lower antibody levels than those who received the two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.

The findings add to the mounting evidence that the 13 million Americans who received J&J will require boosters to protect against highly infectious variants. ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine ineffective against Delta variant, study suggests
July 20, 2021
Brendan ByrneFull story

...The data reported here differ somewhat from those reported by Jongeneelen et al. who found that Ad26.COV2.S-elicited antibody titers were mostly maintained against the variants. In addition, Alter et al. reported a 5-fold decrease in neutralizing antibody titer against Beta and 3.3-fold decrease against the Gamma variant by the sera from Ad26.COV2.S vaccination which were less pronounced than those reported here. While the studies used similar assays to measure antibody neutralization and analyzed sera collected at a similar time-point post-immunization, it is possible that differences in the study populations accounted for the experimental differences....

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.19.452771v1.full
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Stay on topic.

Tad heavy handed on moderating aren't we?  Their comments were COVID related on a COVID topic.  It wasn't like they were discussing kittens or anything, 

No insult intended, just feedback.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Dr. Vin Gupta encourages J&J vaccine recipients to get a Pfizer or Moderna booster
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/dr-vin-gupta-encourages-jj-vaccine-recipients-to-get-a-pfizer-or-moderna-booster.html

Intensive-care unit and lung doctor Dr. Vin Gupta told CNBC that he’s already encouraging patients who received the single-shot Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine to get a Pfizer or Moderna booster shot amid the dramatic increase in delta variant cases across the U.S.

Gupta, a professor at the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, told “The News with Shepard Smith” that “AstraZeneca, when combined with a Pfizer or Moderna booster, is showing tremendous levels of protection against delta, in terms of the antibody levels that are generated in patients.”

“I do think that those one-shot J&Jer’s should be given the opportunity, while we complete our clinical trial ... I’m already telling my patients to do it, if they can get access to it.”...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Tad heavy handed on moderating aren't we?  Their comments were COVID related on a COVID topic.  It wasn't like they were discussing kittens or anything, 

No insult intended, just feedback.
Their comments had nothing to do with vaccines. Just hawking the same old nonsense about zinc again. It's getting tiresome having to deal with the spam. (And I am not saying this as a moderator; I don't have mod privileges on this board.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 08:18:08 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline MOD4

Their comments had nothing to do with vaccines. Just hawking the same old nonsense about zinc again. It's getting tiresome having to deal with the spam. (And I am not saying this as a moderator; I don't have mod privileges on this board.)
I do. Quit being a Zuckerberg. It isn't free discussion when you seek to silence other POVs.

Offline Hoodat

Their comments had nothing to do with vaccines. Just hawking the same old nonsense about zinc again.

@jmyrlefuller

You want to show me where I said anything about zinc on this thread?

You asked for a double-blind study with better than marginal results.  I gave you one.  So don't lecture me about staying on topic when it was your post that I responded to.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Has a test specifically for the Delta mutation been developed?  I'm hearing from the local medical community they're still using the original Covid test.  If true across the country, how does anyone know what's going on with any new strain?    :

Online mountaineer

Good question. Maybe they just assume the current batch of positive test results are Delta.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

Recent Cleveland Clinic study shows naturally formed immunity from prior infection is more effective than vaccine.  Not one person in the study who had already had Covid developed a second infection.  Not a single one.  In other words, there is no reason for anyone who has survived Covid to get the vaccine.  This is what the science shows, yet the government is still pushing Covid survivors to get the vaccine.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.01.21258176v2.full.pdf

If anyone gets covid, 'COLD VIRUS', CORONAVIRUS....CDC says 99.97% recovery.   Then we have antibiotics, zinc, hydrocloroquine sp?.  I believe I had covid twice about 2 months apart in 2020. 

Offline LadyLiberty

Has a test specifically for the Delta mutation been developed?  I'm hearing from the local medical community they're still using the original Covid test.  If true across the country, how does anyone know what's going on with any new strain?    :

It's true --- the tests that determine if someone has covid can't distinguish between the different strains.  Additional testing must be done for genetic sequencing to ID the strains, so the extra test is how they know. I doubt the run every positive to see what strain it is, just a certain percentage that can be extrapolated to have an idea of the overall picture.

Offline RetBobbyMI

“ thought to be effective ”

Enough said
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I do. Quit being a Zuckerberg. It isn't free discussion when you seek to silence other POVs.
It wasn't my intent. But I will stand down out of respect.

Offline Hoodat

It wasn't my intent. But I will stand down out of respect.

@jmyrlefuller

The point about the zinc is that there has been a concerted effort to discredit any treatment that has shown a degree of effectiveness at a low cost.  The anti-parasitic drugs fall into this category.  These treatments are not new.  Their effectiveness was discovered during the SARS-1 and MERS outbreaks, and garnered the recommendation of the NIH for the last 15 years. 

Now fast forward to 2020.  Faced with a new version of SARS, doctors combed through the research that had been posted by the NIH.  They discovered that there was already an effective treatment regiment available, and they pursued that method.  But at the same time, Fauci and our government took an active role to discredit and reverse their very own published findings.  They did so by conducting more studies, but with subtle differences to the treatment regimens that made them far less effective.

Zinc became the poster child of this discrediting attempt.  They pretended to conduct studies to  the successful and promising trials of their peers, except that they intentionally altered the study for the intent of failure.  Examples included omitting the zinc, omitting the zithromycin, waiting until patients were on respirators before starting treatment, lowering the dosages of the anti-parasitic, etc.  The VA study was particularly heinous in that they employed all of these alterations with the expressed purpose of discrediting the proven (and cheap) anti-parasitic treatment.  Thousands of our veterans died as a result.

So when @Smokin Joe brings up zinc, he is doing so to remind everyone of the dishonesty of those who falsely discredit the findings of successful treatments against SARS-2.  And unfortunately, you have bought into the false rhetoric of those behind this.

The bottom line is that there are doctors all over the world who have employed this treatment method with great success.  At the same time, there is a pharma industry working on vaccine innovations that could bring in hundreds of billions of dollars in profits.  And if they have to omit zinc from a drug cocktail in order to discredit a study and then buy off media hacks to launch a political campaign against it in order to protect that income stream, then they will do it.  So no, this isn't about zinc, zinc, zinc.  This is about people in our government lying to us and allowing people to die as a result, all in the name of mammon.

I would strongly recommend that you go back to 2005 and find out what the NIH position had been from 2005 to 2019.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 12:25:08 am by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@jmyrlefuller

The point about the zinc is that there has been a concerted effort to discredit any treatment that has shown a degree of effectiveness at a low cost.  The anti-parasitic drugs fall into this category.  These treatments are not new.  Their effectiveness was discovered during the SARS-1 and MERS outbreaks, and garnered the recommendation of the NIH for the last 15 years. 

Now fast forward to 2020.  Faced with a new version of SARS, doctors combed through the research that had been posted by the NIH.  They discovered that there was already an effective treatment regiment available, and they pursued that method.  But at the same time, Fauci and our government took an active role to discredit and reverse their very own published findings.  They did so by conducting more studies, but with subtle differences to the treatment regimens that made them far less effective.

Zinc became the poster child of this discrediting attempt.  They pretended to conduct studies to  the successful and promising trials of their peers, except that they intentionally altered the study for the intent of failure.  Examples included omitting the zinc, omitting the zithromycin, waiting until patients were on respirators before starting treatment, lowering the dosages of the anti-parasitic, etc.  The VA study was particularly heinous in that they employed all of these alterations with the expressed purpose of discrediting the proven (and cheap) anti-parasitic treatment.  Thousands of our veterans died as a result.

So when @Smokin Joe brings up zinc, he is doing so to remind everyone of the dishonesty of those who falsely discredit the findings of successful treatments against SARS-2.  And unfortunately, you have bought into the false rhetoric of those behind this.

The bottom line is that there are doctors all over the world who have employed this treatment method with great success.  At the same time, there is a pharma industry working on vaccine innovations that could bring in hundreds of billions of dollars in profits.  And if they have to omit zinc from a drug cocktail in order to discredit a study and then buy off media hacks to launch a political campaign against it in order to protect that income stream, then they will do it.  So no, this isn't about zinc, zinc, zinc.  This is about people in our government lying to us and allowing people to die as a result, all in the name of mammon.

I would strongly recommend that you go back to 2005 and find out what the NIH position had been from 2005 to 2019.
Precisely. And for those who have had the jab, there are possible complications. Please be aware of those and vigilant.

I won't say what they are because I will again be accused of spamming.

Read them yourself, in the Medical Journals.

Ischaemic stroke can follow COVID-19 vaccination but is much more common with COVID-19 infection itself

Is complement the culprit behind COVID-19 vaccine-related adverse reactions?

Covid-19: Rare immune response may cause clots after AstraZenecavaccine, say researchers

I'm not sure which jab my Father had, but he has had a few TIAs since (none before).

As for other well worn issues, I only offer the following as a token  of my research into treatment.

Controlled  randomized  clinical  trial  on  using  Ivermectin  with  Doxycycline  for  treating COVID-19 patients in Baghdad, Iraq

Potential role of zinc supplementation in prophylaxis and treatment of COVID-19

Can Zn Be a Critical Element in COVID-19 Treatment?

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial

Early treatment of COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin: A retrospective analysis of 1061 cases in Marseille, France

Zinc(II)—The Overlooked Éminence Grise of Chloroquine’s Fight against COVID-19?

And many others linked on the sites (mostly NIH) as references or related.

But not to be found on CNN...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline art.prout

Thank you Mr. Joe and Mr. Hoodat.

I appreciate all of the useful information that you are providing here!

Offline LegalAmerican

Thank you Mr. Joe and Mr. Hoodat.

I appreciate all of the useful information that you are providing here!

I agree and people need to know, some will die from Heart Attacks,  Cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. People need to get a grip.  This is a NEW COMMON COLD VIRUS.. we will always have them.  People have died before from a common cold virus. It depends how your body can fight it. I have read this 'new virus' has never been "found'. Sequenced.
So, how can one develop a vaccine for a virus that cannot be documented?  What are they using?  I read, in North Carolina,  Walgreens, AND in India some people are being injected with saline water.  Nothing hurtful about that. 
But how and why?  "MISTAKES'.  I doubt it.  We are all being scammed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4uXLCFEHM

Offline LegalAmerican

People are over reacting.  If they did this about measles...we are such sheep. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnZFN97XR0

Offline PeteS in CA

People are over reacting.  If they did this about measles...we are such sheep. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnZFN97XR0

Irrelevant. Mumbai is in India, not the US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.