Author Topic: Americans' July Fourth celebrations sparkle after pandemic cancellations  (Read 305 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Americans' July Fourth celebrations sparkle after pandemic cancellations

Americans marked their nation’s 245th birthday on Sunday with fireworks that may look brighter, hotdogs that may taste juicier and marching bands that may sound jauntier after the coronavirus pandemic forced the cancellation of nearly all celebrations last year.

As always, fireworks displays are the highlight of the July Fourth holiday. Two of the biggest pyrotechnic shows in the country will blast off over the National Mall in Washington, and over a mile stretch of New York City's East River, separating Manhattan from the boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn.

Despite being scaled back by COVID-19, Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Brooklyn's Coney Island once again thrilled socially distanced crowds when reigning champion Joey Chestnut shattered his own world record by downing 76 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. That was one more than he gobbled last year and marked his 14th win.

This year's July Fourth holiday, in the wake of 600,000 Americans deaths from COVID-19 and amid a rise in the more aggressive Delta variant, was a time for Americans to show their patriotism and to celebrate a fresh, personal sense of freedom by mingling with friends once again and enjoying summer's simple pleasures...........

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/after-year-pandemic-cancellations-americans-celebrate-july-fourth-with-bang-2021-07-04/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except for Mount Rushmore.  Home of the visages of four dead white guys.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Except for Mount Rushmore.  Home of the visages of four dead white guys.

Mount Rushmore of all places.  Last year people had to fight the Anti-Trump  BLM/Antifa crowds in order to get in to hear the speeches and see the fireworks.  This year they're shut down completely.  I can't help but think that the leftists wanted nothing more than the Mt. Rushmore festivities last year to turn sour.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mount Rushmore of all places.  Last year people had to fight the Anti-Trump  BLM/Antifa crowds in order to get in to hear the speeches and see the fireworks.  This year they're shut down completely.  I can't help but think that the leftists wanted nothing more than the Mt. Rushmore festivities last year to turn sour.

It's preparatory to dynamiting the entire monument.  That's really what they want to do.  The feather Indians have been bitching about this for the better part of a century.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: