Author Topic: Fed official says another boom-and-bust housing market is not sustainable  (Read 541 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Fed official says another boom-and-bust housing market is not sustainable

“It’s very important for us to get back to our 2 percent inflation target but the goal is for that to be sustainable. And for that to be sustainable, we can’t have a boom and bust cycle in something like real estate.”
— Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren

Eric Rosengren, the president of the Boston Fed, expressed concern over the housing market in an interview with the Financial Times, and it comes as data shows house prices soaring. The median price for an existing home sale skyrocketed 24% in May. Other house price measures also are surging.

Rosengren noted the financial stability concerns that come from boom-and-bust real estate cycles. In 2008, there was a global financial crisis as the housing market collapsed.

Rosengren’s comments come amid intense debate at the central bank as to when it should start reduce the rate of its monthly bond purchases.    ..............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fed-official-says-another-boom-and-bust-housing-market-is-not-sustainable-11624876223?cx_testId=22&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=9&mod=home-page-cx#cxrecs_s
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.