Author Topic: Joe Biden Pushes More Infrastructure Tax Hikes Despite Deal with Moderate Republicans  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Pushes More Infrastructure Tax Hikes Despite Deal with Moderate Republicans

Charlie Spiering 29 Jun 2021

President Joe Biden continued pressing for higher taxes Tuesday, even though Senate Republicans called it a “red line” in their infrastructure deal.

The president traveled to La Crosse, Wisconsin, on Tuesday to promote his bipartisan deal with Senate moderates but repeatedly spoke about the importance of raising taxes. The deal reached with Republicans does not raise taxes to pay for infrastructure.

Biden called for the corporate tax rate to go from 21 percent to 28 percent, a minimum global tax for corporations, and ending deductions for companies storing profits overseas.

“I have never had a reputation of being someone who’s out there trying to just out-tax people,” Biden said. “But here’s the deal folks. I think it’s about time there be fairness in the tax code.”

Biden specifically criticized the tax cuts Congress passed under President Donald Trump, arguing they only benefited the wealthy.

But Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has said any changes to the 2017 tax bill would be deal stoppers.

“That’s our one red line,” McConnell said Thursday. “We’re not going to revisit the 2017 tax bill.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/29/joe-biden-pushes-more-infrastructure-tax-hikes-despite-deal-moderate-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Instead of priming the pump, Bidenomics has emptied the tank.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden:
“I have never had a reputation of being someone who’s out there trying to just out-tax people,” Biden said. “But here’s the deal folks. I think it’s about time there be fairness in the tax code.”

Speaking like a bill clinton, parsing meanings;  I've had the intentions, but not the reputation of being out to out-tax people and businesses, spending to tax them and the nation to death.  Using 'fairness' as a posture-pretense,massive oppressive taxes can seem to make sense!  Lets just ignore Joes relentless wild spending on political correctness as having anything to do with it, OK?

Odd with all the false evidence and testimonies to get Trump, Joes has been unconcerned of fair, has he?  Nor of white hate/intolerance the democrats have been pushing.  "fair' when democrats say it is deceit agendas being in acted.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

This "infrastructure" money is probably going to be used as a starter 'universal basic income'.

If working people knew how much money is currently going out in the form of income checks, free money for unemployed people (in the name of Covid of course) they'd stage a REAL insurrection. I know a few myself.

All of the mega-companies are behind the proposal to raise the min wage, at least, to drive small business out of work. Amazon is sponsoring ads in my area for it. As if they had no interest in a mandatory 15$/hr min wage.

In a few years everything will be run by a dozen giant corporations.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:22:05 am by skeeter »