State Chapters > Illinois

Illinois Gov. Pritzker Urges Vaccinated People to Mask Up

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Illinois Gov. Pritzker Urges Vaccinated People to Mask Up

Hannah Bleau 29 Jun 2021

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Monday urged residents to continue to take precautions and to wear masks even as coronavirus vaccination efforts are underway, citing the World Health Organization’s (W.H.O.) recent warning about the Delta variant and subsequently mask guidance, urging fully vaccinated people to wear masks.

“The lessons here at home and across the world are a harbinger of what could happen here, particularly in low vaccinated areas, if we don’t see a higher uptake of the vaccine across Illinois,” Pritzker said on Monday while wearing a mask.

“This is very real. I implore all residents: If you have friends and family on the fence, share with them the life-saving benefits of these free vaccines and encourage them to remain masked until they are fully vaccinated,” he continued, noting that he was wearing a mask “out of an abundance of caution,” despite the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, which effectively clears vaccinated individuals from face coverings.

“I think when we leave our home every day, I would encourage everybody — whether you’re vaccinated or not — to bring your mask with you,” the Democrat governor said. “You know what the guidelines are across the state of Illinois, and use your mask accordingly.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/29/illinois-gov-pritzker-urges-vaccinated-people-to-mask-up/

libertybele:
So I noticed today at the doc's office that they have put signs out stating that even if you are fully vaccinated, that all people MUST wear masks and only patients are allowed into the building.   I've always worn a mask into a doctors office and I have stopped wearing masks into the retail shops and supermarkets. 

There is always going to be variants of this virus ... so are we supposed to be wearing masks forever?  I won't comply.  As far as I know masks have not been proven to stop the transmission or spread of the virus; especially cloth masks.

Here we go again!   9999hair out0000

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 29, 2021, 06:35:39 pm ---

Here we go again!   9999hair out0000

--- End quote ---

This is WHO's recommendation not the CDC's which pisses me off....any excuse to keep us all subservient imho

PeteS in CA:
Goobernor Putzker doesn't believe vaccines are effective? Doesn't he believe the science?

mountaineer:
I know this deserves its own thread, but it's just another story of how completely insane things are in Illinois. You're vaccinated, wear a mask anyway. You're a teenage boy, you need a tampon machine in your restroom. Up is down, and insanity is mainstream.
--- Quote ---Illinois legislature passes law requiring feminine hygiene products in boys' bathrooms
Legislation sponsors urge change to support transgender students.
By Kevin Bessler
Updated: June 30, 2021 - 11:14pm

Currently, Illinois requires tampons to be provided to students who need them, but the supplies are kept in the nurse’s office.

State Rep. Kathleen Willis, D-Addison, a co-sponsor of the proposal, said products such as tampons and sanitary napkins are needed in both girls’ and boys’ bathrooms in order to address the health needs of transgender students.

“If you are biologically a female, but identifying as a male, you’re going to menstruate and you’re going to need these products,” Willis said during floor debate.

Bill co-sponsor, state Sen. Karina Villa, D-West Chicago, said the measure was an effort to end period poverty.

During a debate in the Senate, state Sen. Jil Tracy, R-Quincy, asked Villa why feminine hygiene products needed to be provided in boys’ bathrooms. Villa responded, “in case of an emergency.”

”I’m telling you there is no logic here,” Tracy said. “For an emergency is not a good answer. We've got to quit playing these stupid silly games here and get real and get fiscally responsible.” ...
--- End quote ---
Just The News

"Period poverty." Good grief, as if stupid terms like "food desert" weren't bad enough. And I think we can guess what damage a bunch of 14 year old boys would do to a Tampax machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version