Author Topic: Five big questions as the GOP tries to win back the Senate in 2022  (Read 978 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Five big questions as the GOP tries to win back the Senate in 2022

The head of the Senate Republican reelection arm is very optimistic about his party’s chances next year of winning back the Senate majority they just lost in the 2020 cycle.

Looking to the 2022 midterm elections, National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) chair Sen. Rick Scott of Florida recently predicted that "as long as we get our message out, raise our money and get good candidates, we’re going to have a hell of a ’22."

The Senate is currently split 50-50 between the two major parties, but Democrats hold a razor-thin majority in the chamber due to the tie-breaking vote of Vice President Kamala Harris through her constitutional role as president of the Senate.

Looking at the electoral map, Republicans are playing plenty of defense. They’re defending 20 of the 34 seats up for grabs in next year’s midterm elections – including having to protect five open seats where GOP incumbents are retiring. But the NRSC also sees strong pickup opportunities in Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and New Hampshire.

Here are five key questions that could determine whether the GOP wins back the majority or if the Democrats keep and possibly strengthen their control of the chamber.

Will Biden's approval ratings hold up?

Will Johnson run for reelection in Wisconsin?

Will Sununu challenge Hassan in New Hampshire?

Will Herschel Walker launch a campaign in Georgia?

Will Trump's impact help or hurt the GOP?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-aim-for-senate-majority-five-big-questions
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rustynail

Re: Five big questions as the GOP tries to win back the Senate in 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 06:06:18 pm »
#6: Will China nuke us to dust before then?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 06:33:15 pm »
#7.  Will the GOP/RNC work on ensuring ballot and election integrity?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 07:26:28 pm »
Assuming of course that they REALLY want to win control and be forced to accept responsibility for what happens.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 09:41:30 pm »
New list:

Will Romney take over the party

Will liz Cheney become the propaganda minister

Will Murkowski, Olympia and buddies move to the democrat party

Will President Trump be rejected by Republican RINOs who are in bed with democrats

Will the Communist manifesto or praise Allah become the religion of both parties ?  Looks a lot like it already

Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 07:11:15 pm »
As long as China Mitch and John Cornyn are the leadership of the SENATE it does not matter if R take the SENATE or NOT. The DEMs and UNIPARTY WIN any way you look at it. If TRUMP wins the POTUS and McCarthy and China MITCH  are the leaders nothing changes except we are older than when TRUMP was President last time.  Just a rerun of 2016-2020. Nothing done except trying to make TRUMP fail again. ****slapping

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 07:19:26 pm »
As long as China Mitch and John Cornyn are the leadership of the SENATE it does not matter if R take the SENATE or NOT. The DEMs and UNIPARTY WIN any way you look at it. If TRUMP wins the POTUS and McCarthy and China MITCH  are the leaders nothing changes except we are older than when TRUMP was President last time.  Just a rerun of 2016-2020. Nothing done except trying to make TRUMP fail again. ****slapping

You are correct; poor leadership is what  has continued to sink the GOP and I'm not talking the POTUS. Boehner, Ryan, McConnell, McCarthy .... yes as long as the Good Ole Boy Country Club exists, the results will be the same.

At this point, that is why conservatives will only win from the ground up.  Trying to win from the top down is futile.

Offline christian

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 04:02:14 pm »
If only people were as harsh criticizing the democrats as they are criticizing Republicans, we might see some light at the end of the tunnel!  No i don't mean 'pretend equal' treatment that is a horse laugh to fool fools, like NeverTrumpers practice.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 04:08:26 pm »
Will Biden's approval ratings hold up? - not after vaccine euphoria wears off

Will Johnson run for reelection in Wisconsin? - if Q leaves a breadcrumb in a wheel of cheese

Will Sununu challenge Hassan in New Hampshire? - possibly.  Sununu is political dynasty in Cow Hamsphire, but tragically associated with the Bush's. 

Will Herschel Walker launch a campaign in Georgia? - Run, Herschel, run!

Will Trump's impact help or hurt the GOP? - Help.  Need Trump to distract from the Chamber of Commerce's GOP minions offshoring jobs and importing cheap foreign labor to hollow out the middle class.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 04:20:55 pm »
Another question is whether the 4 Gop and soon-to-be Octonegerian Senators live that long?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 05:22:11 pm »

How Old is the 117th Congress?
by Veronica Magan, FiscalNote
February 2, 2021

Looking for the age of every member of the 117th Congress? Read FiscalNote's report on the age of Congress, including the oldest, youngest & averages!
https://fiscalnote.com/blog/how-old-is-the-117th-congress

America, the Gerontocracy
Our leaders, our electorate and our hallowed system of government itself are aging. And it shows.
By TIMOTHY NOAH
September 03, 2019

Hate crime is rising, the Arctic is burning, and the Dow is bobbing like a cork on an angry sea. If the nation seems intolerant, reckless and more than a little cranky, perhaps that’s because the American republic is showing its age. Somewhere along the way, a once-new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal (not men and women; that came later) became a wheezy gerontocracy. Our leaders, our electorate and our hallowed system of government itself are extremely old.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/03/america-gerontocracy-problem-politics-old-politicians-trump-biden-sanders-227986/

Mayor Feinstein and Mick Jagger on a cable car in San Francisco for Save The Cable Cars Promo in 1981.
Steve Ringman/The ChronicleSteve Ringman / The Chronicle 1981
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 08:24:43 pm »
I'll take the old codgers over this new crap crop of critters the rats have shoved down our throats. 

I grew up believing the adage "Don't trust anyone over 30."  No it is the reverse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 08:41:18 pm »
I'll take the old codgers over this new crap crop of critters the rats have shoved down our throats. 

I grew up believing the adage "Don't trust anyone over 30."  No it is the reverse.

I grew up with the same belief, but now I trust no one.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 11:10:38 pm »
   Will Sen Mitch McConnell call Majority Leader Cruz a Damn Liar from the well?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 01:06:54 am »
   Will Sen Mitch McConnell call Majority Leader Cruz a Damn Liar from the well?

888high58888

Offline christian

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 01:31:48 am »

Actually it comes down to can the pressure to blame Republicans be kept up long enough to give democrats a pass long enough to guarantee another democrat election victory?  The movement and agenda seems rock solid so far, and quite unswerving.  Will the clueless open their eyes and see what going on before its too late for the coming election ?  Past history, this looks grim, as the clueless do so love being blind and clueless.