Author Topic: Chip Roy: Texans Wondering What Good Is It To Be Part Of ‘A Union That Won’t Secure Its Own Border’  (Read 2803 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
 DailyWire.com By  Tim Pearce Jun 27, 2021 

Chip Roy: Texans Wondering What Good Is It To Be Part Of ‘A Union That Won’t Secure Its Own Border’

Texas Rep. Chip Roy (R) said that Texans are beginning to question whether being a part of the United States is worth the illegal immigration crisis currently playing out on the U.S. southern border.

Roy relayed the feelings of his constituents during an interview with the Daily Caller News Foundation on Friday. Roy also said that every state should be answering Texas’ call to aid it and secure the southern border.

“Every state in the union should send resources to the state of Texas to help us secure the border because, dadgummit, Texas is going to secure this border if the United States of America is failing to uphold its end of the bargain of our having a union,” Roy said.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/chip-roy-texans-wondering-what-good-is-it-to-be-part-of-a-union-that-wont-secure-its-own-border?%3Futm_source=twitter

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How about "What good is it to belong to a union that will not adhere to its own charter?"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How about "What good is it to belong to a union that will not adhere to its own charter?"
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:yowsa: pointing-up pointing-up THIS!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AARguy

We already have two separate nations.
     - The feds are sworn to protect our borders... and they don't. WE MUST.
     - We believe in our right to bear arms. We will soon allow open and concealed carry by any legal gun owner. The feds want to ban our guns, tax our guns and outlaw many things concerning guns.
     - The feds take our federal taxes and give them to illegals in the blue states.
     - The feds decree we wear Obedience Masks, not send our kids to school, not shop, not work, not eat out. We ignore them.
     - Feds demand we teach racist CRT in schools. WE WON"T.
     - Feds don't want us using oil. WE MAKE OIL HERE.
     - Our Governor defends us against the feds.

Yes... secession!  SECESSION!

Offline MajorClay

Offline RetBobbyMI

Couldn’t be better said @Bigun  888high58888
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Texas is far from helpless in this situation.

They have their National Guard (which I assume is probably one of the larger Guards out there).
They have the Texas Rangers.
They have an enormous "unorganized militia" of private citizens who bear capable arms.

If Texas wants its borders secured, and if the federal-communists refuse to do so, then it's time for TEXAS and time for TEXANS to take appropriate action on their own behalf.

Why aren't any of the forum members of Texas crying out for the same?
I think a good place to start would be to call the governor's office.

Offline Smokin Joe

Texas is far from helpless in this situation.

They have their National Guard (which I assume is probably one of the larger Guards out there).
They have the Texas Rangers.
They have an enormous "unorganized militia" of private citizens who bear capable arms.

If Texas wants its borders secured, and if the federal-communists refuse to do so, then it's time for TEXAS and time for TEXANS to take appropriate action on their own behalf.

Why aren't any of the forum members of Texas crying out for the same?
I think a good place to start would be to call the governor's office.
Well, you just know the Feds would show up with F-15s and Nuclear Weapons to quell such an "insurrection" and arrest all the wrong people.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AARguy

GOV Abbott is popular and it is easy to understand why. As other states and the federal government seek to curtail our gun rights, GOV Abbott protects our 2d Amendment rights. He is so proactive in this effort that starting 1 September all legal gun owners in Texas will have the right of “Constitutional Carry”. This assures unfettered open and concealed carry rights as the Founder’s intended. He has fought CRT in schools to protect our children from racist brainwashing. He has guaranteed our Constitutional rights by fighting left wing efforts to limit our ability to open our businesses, go out to eat, visit the beach, worship as we please, and more. He has shielded us from blue political efforts to control how we live down to and including mandatory wearing of Obedience Masks. He has done all this while ensuring COVID death rates remain much lower than those in northern blue states.

He’s a hero defending Texas borders while the Biden administration fails to do so. His leadership in this arena is obvious as nine other states have sent assets to help him with the border defense of Texas.

I have been to Iraq, Pakistan, Kuwait and other places where freedom remains elusive. Those experiences made me appreciate the fact that I am an American. I have lived in California, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Those experiences made me appreciate that I now live in Texas.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
GOV Abbott is popular and it is easy to understand why. As other states and the federal government seek to curtail our gun rights, GOV Abbott protects our 2d Amendment rights. He is so proactive in this effort that starting 1 September all legal gun owners in Texas will have the right of “Constitutional Carry”. This assures unfettered open and concealed carry rights as the Founder’s intended. He has fought CRT in schools to protect our children from racist brainwashing. He has guaranteed our Constitutional rights by fighting left wing efforts to limit our ability to open our businesses, go out to eat, visit the beach, worship as we please, and more. He has shielded us from blue political efforts to control how we live down to and including mandatory wearing of Obedience Masks. He has done all this while ensuring COVID death rates remain much lower than those in northern blue states.

He’s a hero defending Texas borders while the Biden administration fails to do so. His leadership in this arena is obvious as nine other states have sent assets to help him with the border defense of Texas.

I have been to Iraq, Pakistan, Kuwait and other places where freedom remains elusive. Those experiences made me appreciate the fact that I am an American. I have lived in California, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Those experiences made me appreciate that I now live in Texas.

Governor Abbott is not as popular as you seem to think due to his mishandling of the recent "pandemic" and Don Huffines, a proven conservative, would have given Abbott all he could handle in a two man race so it is highly possible that West is doing this at the behest of Abbott's people. At least that is what I think about it.

@AARguy
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"Well, you just know the Feds would show up with F-15s and Nuclear Weapons to quell such an "insurrection" and arrest all the wrong people."

It's starting already:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jul/5/immigration-activists-call-texas-border-security-e/

Immigration activists call Texas border security efforts an ‘insurrection’ against U.S.

A major Latino group issued an Independence Day demand to President Biden to confront growing efforts by red-state governors to impose border security on their own, calling it an “insurrection” that the federal government must put down.

The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) delivered a letter to the White House on Sunday calling on Mr. Biden to block state governors who have said they would send their National Guard or other assistance to help Texas secure the border.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the feds have fallen down on the job, he’s ordered his state police and National Guard into the fray, and he’ll construct a border wall with state money.

LULAC said the states are engaging in rebellion with their border security efforts.

“We told the president in no uncertain terms, this is an insurrection by recalcitrant and rebellious states that must be stopped,” says Domingo Garcia, national president of LULAC.

More at URL above...

Offline Smokin Joe

Joe wrote:
"Well, you just know the Feds would show up with F-15s and Nuclear Weapons to quell such an "insurrection" and arrest all the wrong people."

It's starting already:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jul/5/immigration-activists-call-texas-border-security-e/

Immigration activists call Texas border security efforts an ‘insurrection’ against U.S.

A major Latino group issued an Independence Day demand to President Biden to confront growing efforts by red-state governors to impose border security on their own, calling it an “insurrection” that the federal government must put down.

The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) delivered a letter to the White House on Sunday calling on Mr. Biden to block state governors who have said they would send their National Guard or other assistance to help Texas secure the border.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the feds have fallen down on the job, he’s ordered his state police and National Guard into the fray, and he’ll construct a border wall with state money.

LULAC said the states are engaging in rebellion with their border security efforts.

“We told the president in no uncertain terms, this is an insurrection by recalcitrant and rebellious states that must be stopped,” says Domingo Garcia, national president of LULAC.

More at URL above...
Someone is rebelling against the Constitution, but it isn't Texas.

..Provide for the Common Defense...

C S Lewis

Offline AARguy

I doubt the feds would show up with F-15's or nukes. Arrogant NY'ers and Californians think Texas is insignificant. It would probably be months before they even realized Texas had seceded. Most northerners, including the young folks who would be soldiers would look at a Texas secession and say "Good riddance" or at least "So what?". Few would be willing to risk their lives to keep Texas in the union. They just think we're a bunch of ignorant rednecks. I know, although I am a Texan now, I was born and raised in New York.

I doubt the feds would show up with F-15's or nukes. Arrogant NY'ers and Californians think Texas is insignificant. It would probably be months before they even realized Texas had seceded. Most northerners, including the young folks who would be soldiers would look at a Texas secession and say "Good riddance" or at least "So what?". Few would be willing to risk their lives to keep Texas in the union. They just think we're a bunch of ignorant rednecks. I know, although I am a Texan now, I was born and raised in New York.
If Texas seceded, one of its first great problems will be the hordes of people coming across the border.  Not the Mexican border as that most certainly will be secured, but from other states' borders as American citizens flock here to seek the opportunity for freedom from the onerous DC-centered government this nation has become.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

They'd know quickly enough. Texas is the number one oil producing State, and has a lot of the refinery capacity as well. Texas might start a 'ripple effect' among other States which have been sympathetic or participants in suits, and the absence of the resources flyover country provides would be felt in the urban areas before long--especially if pipelines were shut down.

All this urbane liberal silliness and sanctimony is done without remembering where there bread and butter come from.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

If Texas seceded, one of its first great problems will be the hordes of people coming across the border.  Not the Mexican border as that most certainly will be secured, but from other states' borders as American citizens flock here to seek the opportunity for freedom from the onerous DC-centered government this nation has become.
IF  no other States joined in.

C S Lewis

IF  no other States joined in.
You're right.

Figure at least half would join Texas, particularly those who are landlocked without a port

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Just the push for a one world government that the left have pushed for decades now.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

You're right.

Figure at least half would join Texas, particularly those who are landlocked without a port
Keep in mind that those are the ones which produce coal, oil, natural gas, ethanol, and food, for the most part. I know California has the potential to be very competent at all that (with the exception of coal), but the politics there will generally make that much more difficult.

C S Lewis