Author Topic: Psaki casts GOP as party of 'defund the police' after slogan backfires on Democrats  (Read 463 times)

Offline libertybele

Yet another bat crap crazy liberal female lunatic.

Psaki casts GOP as party of 'defund the police' after slogan backfires on Democrats

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki accused Republicans of being the party of defunding the police on Monday — after "Defund the Police" became a rallying cry of progressive activists in 2020 and damaged Democrats' appeal with moderate voters.

Republicans voted against President Biden's $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, which was signed in March, even though it included $350 billion for state and local governments that could be used for local police.

"Something one of the advisers said this weekend, Cedric Richmond, he said Republicans defunded the police by not supporting the American Rescue Plan," Fox News' Peter Doocy asked Psaki on Monday. "But how is it that that is an argument to be made when the president never mentioned needing money for police to stop a crime wave when he was selling the American Rescue Plan?"

"Well, the president did mention that the American Rescue Plan, the state and local funding, something that was supported by the president, a lot of Democrats who supported and voted for the bill, could help ensure local cops were kept on the beat in communities across the country. As you know, [it] didn't receive a single Republican vote. That funding has been used to keep cops on the beat," Psaki said.................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-republicans-defund-the-police-american-rescue-plan
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm not sure how you can defund something that hasn't yet been funded, nor has been traditionally been so by the FedGov.

If refusing to vote for money that has never been spent is 'defunding' what then is actually cutting existing budgets like the city of Oakland?
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I'm not sure how you can defund something that hasn't yet been funded, nor has been traditionally been so by the FedGov.

If refusing to vote for money that has never been spent is 'defunding' what then is actually cutting existing budgets like the city of Oakland?

Your questioning liberal mental midget mentality; don't try to figure it out.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Your questioning liberal mental midget mentality; don't try to figure it out.

I forget I need to think like I'm at work, where being logical and making sense can get you fired.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I forget I need to think like I'm at work, where being logical and making sense can get you fired.

:yowsa: