Author Topic: GOP Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to GOP luncheon that climate change is 'bullsh*t'  (Read 282 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
GOP Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to GOP luncheon that climate change is 'bullsh*t'

Sen. Ron Johnson insisted again last week that he is not a climate change denier, but CNN's KFile found video of him from just weeks earlier telling a Republican group that it is "bullsh*t."
"I don't know about you guys, but I think climate change is -- as Lord Monckton said -- bullsh*t," the Wisconsin Republican said, without uttering the expletive but mouthing it, and referring to British conservative climate change denier Lord Christopher Monckton. "By the way, it is."
Johnson, a member of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, continued that "there are more and more scientists" writing books "just laying this to waste" and questioned why the US was focused on the climate crisis at all.

"What are we doing here? Well, we're killing ourselves," said Johnson, adding, "it's a self-inflicted wound."

Johnson made the comments in early June to the Republican Women of Greater Wisconsin Luncheon at Alioto's in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.

His recent comments come as North America endures a historic and dangerous heat wave expected to last until mid-July that scientists linked to the climate crisis. The scorching temperatures are to blame for dozens of deaths and hundreds of visits to the emergency room in the Pacific Northwest.
Johnson, who has yet to announce he is running for reelection, has a long history of downplaying the climate crisis, but he has repeatedly refuted accusations that he is a climate change denier. .........

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/06/politics/kfile-ron-johnson-climate-change/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.