Author Topic: Harris’ Border Trip is a Useless PR Stunt  (Read 678 times)

rangerrebew

Harris’ Border Trip is a Useless PR Stunt
« on: June 26, 2021, 03:40:32 pm »

Harris’ Border Trip is a Useless PR Stunt
avatar By Madison McQueen   June 25, 2021 1 Comment

Three months after being tasked with handling the border crisis, Vice President Kamala Harris finally visited the border on June 25 – just days after former President Donald Trump announced he was going to visit the southern border on June 30 with Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) and a group of other Republicans.

Here’s the catch: Harris visited El Paso, a city more than 800 miles away from the epicenter of the crisis in the Rio Grande Valley. El Paso has seen 113,824 apprehensions. Comparatively, the Rio Grande Valley has nearly 300,000.

Because of this, her choice to visit El Paso has been largely criticized by Republicans. Congressman Rick Allen (R-Ga.) tweeted that Harris is “intentionally avoiding the Rio Grande Valley. If she was serious about addressing this humanitarian crisis, she would go to the Donna Facility where [Customs and Border Protection] CBP has been overwhelmed with record levels of unaccompanied minors.”

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2021/06/25/vp-harris-trip-el-paso-immigrationreform-com/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Harris’ Border Trip is a Useless PR Stunt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 08:38:41 pm »
Perhaps that's all it was ever intended to be, from the start?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 09:12:14 pm »
Perhaps that's all it was ever intended to be, from the start?
Well it's going to be an even bigger fiasco when Trump visits the border with Abbot and they actually go to where the crisis is greatest. Probably then you will hear every liberal media hack and politician accuse Trump and Abbot of a PR stunt calculated to embarrass The Cackler, as if she needed any help.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 10:02:06 pm »
Well it's going to be an even bigger fiasco when Trump visits the border with Abbot and they actually go to where the crisis is greatest. Probably then you will hear every liberal media hack and politician accuse Trump and Abbot of a PR stunt calculated to embarrass The Cackler, as if she needed any help.

Of course the MSM will avoid any reporting as much as they can when Trump and Abbot visit the border --- Harris' visit was obviously to deflect any responsibility.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 01:47:49 pm »
You can count on it, the MSM will brand it as a publicity stunt, something they won't do with Kamala. :nono: