Author Topic: Ex-Pakistani diplomat: Biden ‘delusional’ to think Taliban has broken ties with al Qaeda  (Read 437 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Delusional?  The truth is that Joe isn't all there and he's being led from the sidelines.

Ex-Pakistani diplomat: Biden ‘delusional’ to think Taliban has broken ties with al Qaeda

The Biden administration is “delusional” if it thinks the Taliban have broken or will break from what is left of the al Qaeda terrorist network in Afghanistan, says a former top Pakistani diplomat in Washington.

Husain Haqqani, who served as Islamabad’s ambassador to the U.S. a decade ago and is now a senior fellow with the Hudson Institute, said the “military situation in Afghanistan is comparable to what happened in Iraq in 2011.”

His assessment in a message to The Washington Times dovetails with those of a growing number of regional experts who warn that the vacuum left by the U.S. and NATO pullout from Afghanistan could trigger an extremist surge akin to the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria after the 2011 American troop withdrawal from Iraq.

The Islamic State group, also known as ISIS, emerged from the ashes of al Qaeda in Iraq in 2012 and 2013 and seized swaths of Iraqi and Syrian territory in 2014. The rise of ISIS triggered a spiraling global security crisis as the group inspired and directed terrorist attacks in Western Europe, the United States and elsewhere.

Hawkish national security analysts say a similar situation could unfold in Afghanistan.

“The U.S. troop withdrawal, I think, is a decision we’re likely going to regret,” retired Army Gen. Jack Keane said Friday during an appearance on Fox News..............

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/27/pakistani-diplomat-biden-administration-delusional/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.