Author Topic: Louisiana Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed Carry without a Permit  (Read 345 times)

Offline libertybele

Louisiana Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed Carry without a Permit

Louisiana governor John Bel Edwards (D.) has vetoed a bill that would allow state residents to carry concealed handguns without a permit.

Under the new bill, all residents age 21 or older would be allowed to carry a concealed gun without a permit provided that a resident is not prohibited from obtaining a handgun under any other state or federal law. Edwards, however, said he believes current law allows for “reasonable” permit practices.

“I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, and an enthusiastic outdoorsman and hunter. But I simply cannot support carrying a concealed-carry firearm without proper education and safety training – and I believe the majority of Louisianans agree with me,” Edwards said in a statement on Friday following the veto.

“Simply put, it is not too much to ask that a person who wishes to carry a concealed weapon in public be required to attend basic marksmanship and safety training so they understand the regulations associated with such an action,” Edwards added..........

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/louisiana-governor-vetoes-bill-allowing-concealed-carry-without-a-permit/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.