Author Topic: White House Tries to Walk Back Joe Biden Infrastructure Ultimatum  (Read 433 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Tries to Walk Back Joe Biden Infrastructure Ultimatum

Charlie Spiering 26 Jun 2021

The White House on Friday attempted to walk back President Joe Biden’s ultimatum that he would reject his own bipartisan Senate infrastructure deal if it was not accompanied with another partisan budget reconciliation bill for entitlements.

The White House revealed that Biden spoke to Sen. Krysten Sinema (D-AZ) on Friday, a key negotiator for the deal, and asserted that he would sign the bill if passed.

“The President looks forward to signing both these bills,” the White House said in a readout of the call signaling support for both the Bipartisan Infrastructure bill and the American Families Plan.

Biden said Thursday he would not sign the bipartisan bill unless the American Families Plan, passed with a partisan Democrat vote through budget reconciliation,  reached his desk at the same time.

“I control that. If they don’t come, I’m not signing it. Real simple,” Biden said when reporters asked how he planned to get both measures through Congress at the same time.

Biden said he would not only demand a deal with more entitlements but also additional tax hikes to pay for it.

That shocked Senate Republicans and even some moderate Democrats who negotiated with Biden.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/26/white-house-tries-to-walk-back-joe-biden-infrastructure-ultimatum/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: White House Tries to Walk Back Joe Biden Infrastructure Ultimatum
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »
Biden Takes Back Ultimatum: I Won’t Sign Infrastructure Bill without Tax, Entitlements on the Side

President Joe Biden issued a statement Saturday fully reversing his tax and entitlement ultimatum on the bipartisan infrastructure deal.

“My comments also created the impression that I was issuing a veto threat on the very plan I had just agreed to, which was certainly not my intent,” an over 600-word statement released by the White House with Biden’s name on it read.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/26/biden-takes-back-ultimatum-i-wont-sign-infrastructure-bill-without-tax-entitlements-on-the-side/

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/26/biden-takes-back-ultimatum-i-wont-sign-infrastructure-bill-without-tax-entitlements-on-the-side/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: White House Tries to Walk Back Joe Biden Infrastructure Ultimatum
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 04:55:55 am »
Biden did not intend to do, what he obviously intended to do, the political backlash was too great.  That's why hitlery said; Judge her by her intentions, they are highly malleable and changeable to a political chameleon.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions