Author Topic: Warming Trends: Radio From a Future Free of Fossil Fuels, Vegetarianism Not Hot on Social Media and  (Read 384 times)

rangerrebew

Warming Trends: Radio From a Future Free of Fossil Fuels, Vegetarianism Not Hot on Social Media and Overheated Umpires Make Bad Calls

June 26, 2021

Exhaust rises from cooling towers at a coal-fired power station in Germany. Credit: Ralph Orlowski/Getty Images
Related

CULTURE
OPEC Oil Ministers Meet, and No One Cares

What does a fossil fuel-free future sound like? A new Swedish radio program is presenting this future with fictional news reports, interviews and debates from an imaginary time after the energy transition, mixed with mellow, techno road trip songs. 

Vattenfall, an electricity company owned by the Swedish government, broadcasts hour-long advertisements at its electric vehicle charging stations called “Radio Fossil Freedom” that imagine a clean-energy future. Drivers can tune in while charging up to get a sense of what the future they are contributing to achieving could sound like.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/26062021/warming-trends-radio-from-a-future-free-of-fossil-fuels-vegetarianism-not-hot-on-social-media-and-overheated-umpires-make-bad-calls/

Offline thackney

Exhaust rises from cooling towers at a coal-fired power station in Germany.

No.  Exhaust does not come out of cooling towers at coal plants.  Water vapor is all that is coming out of the cooling towers.  Not coal plant exhaust.

I appreciate reading early in the article the author knows nothing about the topic they are writing about.  It save me wasting time reading past that point.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What comes out of a fossil free future?

Death, and lots of it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Joe Wooten

No.  Exhaust does not come out of cooling towers at coal plants.  Water vapor is all that is coming out of the cooling towers.  Not coal plant exhaust.

I appreciate reading early in the article the author knows nothing about the topic they are writing about.  It save me wasting time reading past that point.

Friggin' morons