Author Topic: Some Moderate Democrats Push Back, Warn They Will Not Support Radical Left’s Spending Package  (Read 687 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Some Moderate Democrats Push Back, Warn They Will Not Support Radical Left’s Spending Package

Hannah Bleau 25 Jun 2021

Some moderate Democrats are warning that they will not support the radical left’s spending package, which includes demands for “reconciliation instructions for trillions of dollars in additional spending,” according to reports.

Oregon Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-OR), a member of the Blue Dog Coalition, said he is planning to vote against the proposal, and another moderate Democrat, who requested to remain anonymous, said the same, according to Roll Call. That prompts concerns for Democrats, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) caucus holds a slim majority in the lower chamber.

According to Roll Call, the 81-year-old Speaker can “only lose two more Democratic votes and still adopt the budget resolution in her narrowly divided 220-211 chamber, since no Republicans are likely to vote for it, as budget resolutions are designed to be partisan wish lists”:

Progressives worry that Senate and House moderates who helped negotiate the bipartisan deal for $579 billion in new infrastructure spending won’t provide the votes needed to pass a reconciliation package that could top $5 trillion in additional spending.

The bipartisan deal is mostly focused on physical infrastructure, like roads, bridges and transit, as well as related things like broadband and clean energy. The reconciliation bill would include potentially more infrastructure spending, as well as funding for other Biden priorities like climate initiatives, child care and education assistance and national paid leave.

The news comes on the heels of President Biden announcing a $953 billion infrastructure deal — which includes $559 billion in new spending — after meeting with a bipartisan group of senators. The group included Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Rob Portman (R-OH), Mitt Romney (R-UT), Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), Jon Tester (D-MT), and Mark Warner (D-VA).

MORE
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/25/some-moderate-democrats-push-back-warn-they-will-not-support-radical-lefts-spending-package/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Big talk smoke screen ?  Well see.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Big talk smoke screen ?  Well see.

It's just Kabuki Theatre.  We know where these losers will be when it's time to vote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

It's just Kabuki Theatre.  We know where these losers will be when it's time to vote.

Unless Queen Nan gives them permission to vote nay. If she has the required votes without them...

When I found out about this practice I quit looking at voting records. Like everything else in politics, they may be bogus.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Unless Queen Nan gives them permission to vote nay. If she has the required votes without them...

When I found out about this practice I quit looking at voting records. Like everything else in politics, they may be bogus.

Yeah.  GOPe does that too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

They are just negotiating for more pork, none would withhold their yay vote.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Fake headline.

There are no moderate Dems as they support Pelosi as Speaker.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Translation: "Some Dims see the writing on the wall,and are backing away from their own leadership because they fear losing their seats if they don't,and having to get an actual job"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats are doubling down on election fraud, its the only chance they have for a one party rule.  Last election greatly encouraged them, last election greatly encouraged them, stooges and useful fools came out of the woodwork's everywhere!
Democrats play the total political whores maneuvers, those up for re-election will fall silent, those not up for re-election will be roaring lions.  This political game has been going on a long time, as too many people are clueless, it works for democrats.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 10:26:46 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions