Author Topic: Pence unloads on Trump: Former VP says 'nothing more un-American than idea that one person could cho  (Read 11156 times)

Offline skeeter

Mike Pence is NO TRAITOR!!! Stop it with this Bulls**t FFS!
Mike Pence is a milquetoast politician who has risen as far as he is going to go. He might as well head on down to K street and cash in as his kind usually does.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mike Pence is a milquetoast politician who has risen as far as he is going to go. He might as well head on down to K street and cash in as his kind usually does.

That's about as well as it can be said @skeeter  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

I tend to agree with this; I can't imagine supporting Pence for national office should he attempt a run.  However it is completely irrelevant to the assertion that he had authority to return EVs to states or that he refused to consider properly documented objections during the EV count.

The loudest voices of invective against Pence here have completely failed to provide a single reference in any legal document for the claim that the President of the Senate has authority to return EVs to states.  Furthermore multiple, independent sources prove that properly-documented objections were considered fully during the Joint Session of Congress to count the EVs; no reference has been provided for the contrary, repeated assertion that Pence ignored properly-documented objections.  The "argument" that Pence is some kind of traitor is entirely without basis and frequently rests on nothing more than hysterical ranting.

Apparently some find it cathartic to malign Pence's character; retreating to personal insults simply concedes that there is no basis for the assertions made here and in other threads about his authority during the count or his oversight of the joint session.  While this subject is beyond tiresome, as long as these myopic, distorted, ignorant, and disproven positions are posted, they should be called out for what they are.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

I tend to agree with this; I can't imagine supporting Pence for national office should he attempt a run.  However it is completely irrelevant to the assertion that he had authority to return EVs to states or that he refused to consider properly documented objections during the EV count.

The loudest voices of invective against Pence here have completely failed to provide a single reference in any legal document for the claim that the President of the Senate has authority to return EVs to states.  Furthermore multiple, independent sources prove that properly-documented objections were considered fully during the Joint Session of Congress to count the EVs; no reference has been provided for the contrary, repeated assertion that Pence ignored properly-documented objections.  The "argument" that Pence is some kind of traitor is entirely without basis and frequently rests on nothing more than hysterical ranting.

Apparently some find it cathartic to malign Pence's character; retreating to personal insults simply concedes that there is no basis for the assertions made here and in other threads about his authority during the count or his oversight of the joint session.  While this subject is beyond tiresome, as long as these myopic, distorted, ignorant, and disproven positions are posted, they should be called out for what they are.
Please direct your complaints on that score to those making the assertions, as I have kept my thoughts on the matter to myself.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:35:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline HoustonSam

Please direct your complaints on that score to those making the assertions, as I have kept my thoughts on the matter to myself.

Consider it an open letter, and please accept my apologies for catching you in the collateral damage.

Offline skeeter

Consider it an open letter, and please accept my apologies for catching you in the collateral damage.
No problemo. IMO this issue is just one of those things. All the sound & fury in the world ain't gonna change the reality of it.

Offline Lando Lincoln

No problemo. IMO this issue is just one of those things. All the sound & fury in the world ain't gonna change the reality of it.

Exactly right. My ire lies with the Robert’s Court but that ain’t worth anything either. It still was, still is regardless of my foot stomping.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

Exactly right. My ire lies with the Robert’s Court but that ain’t worth anything either. It still was, still is regardless of my foot stomping.
Impotent rage pretty sums up my entire existence these past months. I gotta get better at coping.

Offline libertybele

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

I didn't like the guy from the very beginning nor did I trust him and felt Trump made a huge mistake in selecting him as his VP.

Obviously he has his eyes on 2024 and he definitely won't get my vote.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:57:52 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

You are correct and unfortunately because of "Robert's Court" we are watching our Republic crumble.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

You are correct. I don't like Pence and never have. I have never trusted him. Perhaps I have judged him unfairly and certainly will admit that it is strictly my opinion and gut feeling about the man. @SamHouston I agree the subject of EV's has been exhausted, so I will refrain from further pitching this issue back and forth -- yes many articles support what you have stated and I have been unable to find the video again that I saw that supported my claim.

Further, if there was anything that I stated that you saw as a personal insult to you, that certainly was not my intent.

Offline Lando Lincoln

You are correct and unfortunately because of "Robert's Court" we are watching our Republic crumble.

I see my smart phone added an apostrophe to Roberts.  Ha!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

I see my smart phone added an apostrophe to Roberts.  Ha!

I knew exactly what you meant and didn't catch the apostrophe issue till you just now pointed it out.  At any rate I feel the same ire, frustration and sadness.  God help this country!

Online Right_in_Virginia

Impotent rage pretty sums up my entire existence these past months. I gotta get better at coping.

Part of my rage is that Mike Pence thinks the Americans who reelected Trump are just going to forget that he grabbed the keys to the democrat getaway car and drove it across the finish line --- with a combination of forethought and malice.  Pence is counting on us being this stupid, this easily diverted.

So, as long as coping doesn't mean forgetting --- I'm with you on this @skeeter

I will cope with Pence until and if the time comes to remind him with my vote and wallet that he will not see the inside of the Oval Office again --- nevermind reside in it --- in his lifetime.

Offline skeeter

Part of my rage is that Mike Pence thinks the Americans who reelected Trump are just going to forget that he grabbed the keys to the democrat getaway car and drove it across the finish line --- with a combination of forethought and malice.  Pence is counting on us being this stupid, this easily diverted.

I’ll never forget this past year, nor will I forget where everyone stood when it mattered.

Offline libertybele

I will cope with Pence until and if the time comes to remind him with my vote and wallet that he will not see the inside of the Oval Office again --- nevermind reside in it --- in his lifetime.

To think that people attacked Trump relentlessly for his lack of character to me is almost laughable.  Coping with Pence?  Well, I just don't happen to like his character and he will never get my vote. Not going to happen.

Offline HoustonSam

Further, if there was anything that I stated that you saw as a personal insult to you, that certainly was not my intent.

@libertybele I've never seen you say anything insulting about anyone on TBR.  You and I might disagree on things but IMO we have no cause of enmity between us.  I hope you can see it the same way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@kevindavis

Ok,how about he is a floater in the septic tank of politics?

Is that any better?

ALL he had to do was have the stones to refuse to certify an obviously stolen election,and this weasel decided to side with his long-time political cohorts instead of the People and the Constitution.

He is a weasel and a pox on humanity.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@libertybele I've never seen you say anything insulting about anyone on TBR.  You and I might disagree on things but IMO we have no cause of enmity between us.  I hope you can see it the same way.

:beer:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
As of now I won't be voting in the 2022 election. The next steal is already in.  Why bother?

This is exactly why this “election was stolen bs” is so dangerous and counterprocductive.

Offline libertybele

This is exactly why this “election was stolen bs” is so dangerous and counterprocductive.

Votes being counted days after the election and the counting of votes stopped on election night, among other things is certainly suspect.

So the true danger IS that people actually believe that we got a fair election.

The DEMS tried stealing the election in FL during the mid terms.  So ... what's changed and what systems have the RNC and GOP put in place to ensure a fair election???

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Votes being counted days after the election and the counting of votes stopped on election night, among other things is certainly suspect.

The DEMS tried stealing the election in FL during the mid terms.  So ... what's changed and what systems have the RNC and GOP put in place to ensure a fair election???

None of which adddressed my main point.

Offline skeeter

A look at who's telling us 'nothing to see here' is all I need to know whats what.

Pretending there's nothing wrong is a virtual guarantee the fraud will not only continue but will accelerate.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 10:17:15 pm by skeeter »

Offline kevindavis007

For the last time, they were counting mail-in votes.... 

Here is the #1 true fact:

Trump lost to Sleepy Joe Biden fair and square.  Maybe if Trump ran a better campaign he would have won especially in Georgia and Arizona.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline skeeter

For the last time, they were counting mail-in votes.... 

Here is the #1 true fact:

Trump lost to Sleepy Joe Biden fair and square.  Maybe if Trump ran a better campaign he would have won especially in Georgia and Arizona.
Sure He ran such a crappy campaign he gained 12 million voters over 2016. And that with the fraud.