Author Topic: Pence unloads on Trump: Former VP says 'nothing more un-American than idea that one person could cho  (Read 11312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pence faces fierce resistance from GOP's pro-Trump base

Former Vice President Mike Pence is facing strong resistance from members of his party's pro-Trump base over his role in certifying the Electoral College results in the 2020 election.

Pence has stepped up his public appearances recently and is set to appear at the Family Leadership Summit in Iowa next month alongside other high-profile Republicans. But his political future is complicated by his refusal in January to bow to pressure from then-President Trump to help deliver him a victory in the race against Joe Biden.

While garnering praise from Democrats and Republicans, that decision has led to howls from members of the party's right flank — a swath of voters Pence will need should he launch a presidential campaign in three years.

“He is, unfortunately, for having done the right thing by following the constitutional duties of his office, committed an unforgivable sin to Trump, and therefore to his most loyal supporters,” said Doug Heye, a GOP strategist and former communications director for the Republican National Committee.

Pence’s struggles with the Trump wing of the GOP were put into stark relief earlier this month when attendees at the Faith and Freedom Coalition summit booed and heckled him as a “traitor.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/560584-pence-faces-fierce-resistance-from-gops-pro-trump-base
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Wrong, right or indifferent, Pence's career is over!  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Pence faces fierce resistance from GOP's pro-Trump base

Former Vice President Mike Pence is facing strong resistance from members of his party's pro-Trump base over his role in certifying the Electoral College results in the 2020 election.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, Pence will never get past this issue.  He needs to recognize reality and decline speaking opportunities; he just perpetuates conflict when he steps into the spotlight.
James 1:20

Online Lando Lincoln

I would have said it "Right, wrong or indifferent"  :beer:.  I think you are correct.  He is done as an elected politician. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, Pence will never get past this issue.  He needs to recognize reality and decline speaking opportunities; he just perpetuates conflict when he steps into the spotlight.

I agree with you, however, Pence recognizing reality I don't think is going to happen.  He's a career politician and I believe in his mind, as the former VP he deserves a shot at the WH.  What he doesn't understand is that he is now strongly considered part of the establishment and that won't win him any votes.  IF he thinks that Trump's base is going to go quietly into the night, or vote for him because he has an 'R' next to his name on the ballot, he's then delusional. 

Gee, I'll go out on a limb here and say that voters will be given the choice of the usual establishment politicians; Mittens, Pence, and Rubio.  No thank you.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Hard to believe the rat party, media and a good chunk of the GOP would react so hysterically to a few tens of 000s in a few states. I think you’re wrong.

Fine. Liberal cities still voted liberal. Jussayin.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't think that's right... Without considering equally the white-hot anger against him too. Doesn't matter how many votes he gained if he also caused many to be hardened against him.

Considering the low turnout on both sides in '16... If he also galvanized the left to turn out. and maybe more so against him... That would have to be part of the consideration.
The white hot anger was manufactured by the MSM over years of lies and bullshit. Even opposing viewpoints were derided, and in my experience was held by only a couple of types of people: Youngsters who got their news from social media where it was every bit as fashionable to bash Trump as it was to spew vitriol about Nixon back in the day (in fact, the whole 5 years of hate week reminded me of the jihad against RMH, only without any basis in law or fact). The rest were Hillary fans who are a lost cause anyway.

But what I did see were blacks and Latinos/Hispanics who seriously supported Trump,because they Came out here during an oil boom, made good money in good jobs and proved it could be done. Now, I know this is just one small corner of flyover country, but Trump got 82% of the votes in this county. Unheard of, but real, and this wasn't the highest percentage in the state. The liberal areas in the East we are saddled with, the same people who demand "their share" of oil impact grants for towns which are 350 or more miles from any oil wells over those in the thick of things trying to keep infrastructure together and hire enough sheriff's deputies to take care of things, well those areas went more for Biden than the West (which is typical, we produce, they put their hand out over there), but even then, Trump got 65% of the vote overall in the State and only failed to carry two counties with Indian Reservations, which, for some reason$ I don't under$stand, $eem to vote for Democrat$ pretty con$i$tently.

In other words, in a State with a Republican Legislature and Governor, where people generally work for a living and hold their work ethic dear, even in all but the most Liberal two Counties (out of 53), Trump won handily.

But the white hot hatred you see was an artifact, a product of an Orwellian Hate Week that didn't stop in the media, and the BIG LIE applied over and over to an age group that knows no better.

Fashion follows folly, almost essentially, and is a poor reason for making choices, as I suspect another generation is waking up to as they realize they've been had.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Manhattan DA will not criminally charge Donald Trump - Politico

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1409616424415502344

Offline kevindavis007

So is Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

For doing the right thing?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online libertybele

So is Trump.

Sometimes there are those (not many) in this forum who purposefully try to incite and antagonize others. You are successfully trying to do so in liberal fashion.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:02:35 pm by libertybele »

Offline HoustonSam

Trump put Pence in a lose/lose situation by agitating for Pence to assert authority that does not exist.  Pence did the only thing he could, but yes it effectively ends his career in elective politics; that should be clear just from reading this board.  Pence is also incredibly stupid to talk about being proud of it, that just inflames controversy even more.

Online berdie

People don't vote based on records. You don't know "normies" very well. It's often just a likability contest, period.

I completely agree with this statement @Weird Tolkienish Figure . Most people can tell you who won American Idol...but not much about politics or civics.
They vote on likability, looks and party identification. And of course (if they listen that closely) what goodies a candidate says he will provide.

It makes me very sad that these folks don't look at the country's welfare.

Offline skeeter

Sometimes there are those (not many) in this forum who purposefully try to incite and antagonize others. You are successfully trying to do so in liberal fashion.
Oh he's trying, but not so successfully.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Hard to believe that have a few here on this thread alone who are card carrying members of the Liz Cheney Fan Club.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

It seems that you are a snowflake and can't handle the truth. 

Offline kevindavis007

Hard to believe that have a few here on this thread alone who are card carrying members of the Liz Cheney Fan Club.

Go Liz...

Offline skeeter

I completely agree with this statement @Weird Tolkienish Figure . Most people can tell you who won American Idol...but not much about politics or civics.
They vote on likability, looks and party identification. And of course (if they listen that closely) what goodies a candidate says he will provide.

The largest segment of the voting public will vote their pocketbook, and I think most did in 2020. That is what Trump promised and indeed provided.

That the election was close enough to steal was entirely because of the Covid shutdown.

Offline skeeter

It seems that you are a snowflake and can't handle the truth.
It seems you are twelve and require supervision when on line.

Online libertybele

Go Liz...

Gee I'm so glad that you could weigh in on this issue.  It gives me some insight as to what to expect from you in the future.  Thank you!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

How are you doing the right thing when you ignore parliamentary procedure to achieve the desired result?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:23:01 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Unfortunately, that 'likability' is often molded by the hatefests in social media or the MSM, and whether those make any rational sense or not, that religious fervor is contagious among those not innoculated against the lunacy of the MSM and pop culture.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

How are you doing the right thing when you ignore procedure to achieve the desired result?

Pence followed to the letter the only procedure that exists in law.  You can prove me wrong by citing the specific provisions of the law that authorize the President of the Senate to return certified, state-sealed EVs upon the request of legislators.  Just quote in any legal document - The Constitution, the Electoral Count Act of 1887, or Chapter 3 of the Code of Federal Regulations - the written details of the procedure for state legislators recalling EVs from the Joint Session.

I have made that offer to three people on this thread, and the record for proving me wrong is 0 for 3; in fact none of the three batters even took a swing.  Maybe you'll do better.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I would have said it "Right, wrong or indifferent"  :beer:.  I think you are correct.  He is done as an elected politician.

@Lando Lincoln

I think you put your finger on what is going on.

He KNOWS he is history,so while he still has a little time left in the spot light,he is whoring himself out for cash and book deals while his name is still valuable to the left.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pence followed to the letter the only procedure that exists in law.  You can prove me wrong by citing the specific provisions of the law that authorize the President of the Senate to return certified, state-sealed EVs upon the request of legislators.  Just quote in any legal document - The Constitution, the Electoral Count Act of 1887, or Chapter 3 of the Code of Federal Regulations - the written details of the procedure for state legislators recalling EVs from the Joint Session.

I have made that offer to three people on this thread, and the record for proving me wrong is 0 for 3; in fact none of the three batters even took a swing.  Maybe you'll do better.

@HoustonSam

So what? Your record,as well as everyone else's "record" on this issue is meaningless. Everybody is either starting out wrong and staying wrong,or starting out right TECHNICALLY,but still wrong because no one in the DNC or the alleged RNC give a damn about right and wrong.

This is a political world of reality being defined as "what you can get away with."

All they care about is getting away with it,and the left flat out got away with stealing the last election.

The Right understands this perfectly,and some are willing to just bend over and grab their ankles while pretending it is ok,and others are outraged MUCH more than usual because they understand there is not one single damn thing they can do about it at this point.

Right and wrong don't even really enter into the conversation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!