Author Topic: Why #FreeBritney Matters  (Read 525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why #FreeBritney Matters
« on: June 24, 2021, 09:50:00 pm »
Why #FreeBritney Matters
By Kira Davis | Jun 24, 2021 5:15 PM ET

Britney Spears is a hostage.

Before you laugh or scoff, read this. It matters. Her situation matters to anyone who stands on the side of freedom and personal responsibility.

It matters because it’s high time Americans understand that wealth and fame do not provide immunity to abuse.

This week, Spears went to court for the third time to have her conservatorship removed from her father’s hands. Jamie Spears has controlled his daughter’s nearly $50 million dollar estate since 2008, after Britney Spears allegedly suffered some severe mental health issues and it was decided she could not be trusted to make clear decisions regarding her estate or her children.

You may recall the now infamous ‘shaved head, umbrella attack’ incident. At the time, we had yet to be treated to the Harvey Weinstein era , where Hollywood’s shameful secrets became more commonly known. She appeared to us as a spoiled brat who couldn’t deal with her fame and was selfishly lashing out. I know that’s how I looked at it. I laughed at her.

I’m ashamed of that now, and if for some weird reason Britney ever reads this I just want to say…I’m sorry. I believe you.

To hear Spears’ testimony, her predicament was far more complicated than simply being a spoiled woman. In fact, she may be the least spoiled person in her family, given that for decades she has been the only one working while her entire family “earned” their own money in her employ. That’s a pretty lucrative machine to let shut down or walk away from the industry, and if Spears’ testimony is true, it seems that her own father found a legal way to make sure that could never happen; and then, frighteningly, he set about isolating her to the point that she may have been forced by her father’s aides to lie in years worth of strange and lonely-looking Instagram posts that were the catalyst for many fans questioning her safety.

more
https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2021/06/24/why-freebritney-matters-n401863
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Why #FreeBritney Matters
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 09:58:13 pm »
Time for the "leave Britney alone" kid.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 10:04:57 pm »
Or maybe she really is completely unstable.

This whole "free Britney" movement is based upon a single documentary, Framing Britney Spears —and we all know how well the mainstream media (the New York Times was the one that did that particular movie) manipulates facts to get their narratives across. Anyone who knows about Michael Moore (for another example) knows that documentaries aren't always the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I am not going to sit here and pretend that I know the inner machinations of the Spears family. Yet you look at her brother and sister, and you see Bryan and Jamie Lynn are both living relatively normal, stable lives—despite Jamie Lynn having a similar high profile as an actress.

I know it may hurt my fellow millennials to see their idol suffering and instinctively assume that someone is to blame. But sometimes people really are just not right in the head, and in Britney's case, I think that's exactly what we have here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 10:07:41 pm »
 Britney Spears reveals the horror film that is her life

By Maureen Callahan

June 23, 2021 | 8:09pm | Updated

It was heartbreaking to hear Britney Spears plead her case before a Los Angeles judge Wednesday, saying simply, “I just want my life back.”

Spears, who will be 40 this December, has been under her father’s conservatorship since 2008. Jamie Spears has controlled not only his daughter’s $60 million fortune but every aspect of her career and life — from terms of her Las Vegas residency to whether she could replace her kitchen cabinets.

No, Jamie told her. Too much money, even though she pays him $16,000 a month, is forced to pay for his attorneys — who have argued for years against her stated wishes, namely to be free — plus the cuts he gets from Britney’s tours and Vegas show.

“She is ‘sick of being taken advantage of,’” a court investigator reported in 2016, “and she said she is the one working but everyone around her is on her payroll.”

Spears was pulling in millions from her residency, but was allowed only $2,000 a week.

We’ve never heard Spears talk like this before. She’s never shared what she thinks or feels about the conservatorship — even as the #FreeBritney movement galvanized during the pandemic, as fans scoured her Instagram account for hidden messages or clues, as the documentary “Framing Britney Spears” made a case against the pop music machine, the media, and the public at large for victimizing Britney.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/06/23/britney-spears-reveals-the-horror-film-that-is-her-life/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 01:14:01 pm »
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 01:55:38 pm »
That $50M estate would be near zero if someone had not intervened.  We all remember her sleazy unraveling years ago.

Instead of suing, and tearing her family apart.....   A simple "thank you" would have been more apt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 11:41:21 pm »
Company Set To Oversee Britney Spears’ Estate Wants Out Following Her Testimony, Citing ‘Changed Circumstances’
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/01/respects-her-wishes-company-oversee-britney-spears-estate-wants-out-testimony/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 01:14:27 am »
That $50M estate would be near zero if someone had not intervened.  We all remember her sleazy unraveling years ago.

Instead of suing, and tearing her family apart.....   A simple "thank you" would have been more apt.

But is she still a train wreck?  How would we out here know?

I was a wild kid....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 05:04:58 pm »
That $50M estate would be near zero if someone had not intervened. We all remember her sleazy unraveling years ago. Instead of suing and tearing her family apart. A simple "thank you" would have been more apt.
----------------------
A forceful demurral.
Brittany Spears is 40, hardly a child; who has children of her own.
As a 'Hollywood' person, she has some neuroses. What a shock, eh???
Pop has publicly apologized for acting like a braying jackass in her life and for a
mere $200,000 a year. This hustler belongs in politics w/the rest of that trash!
Bulletin: Brittany Spears is not an Indentured Servant paying for 'Guidance' w/her
show biz fees.
Suggest the rest of the Family cease mooching, get off their asses and find a job!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 01:44:06 am by Absalom »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 08:53:52 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: