Author Topic: Trump Aides Prepared Insurrection Act Order During Debate Over Protests  (Read 819 times)

Offline libertybele

I have always been of the opinion that Trump NOT invoking the Insurrection Act was a grave mistake and one that as a nation we are continuing to pay for. 

Trump Aides Prepared Insurrection Act Order During Debate Over Protests

Responding to interest from President Donald Trump, White House aides drafted a proclamation last year to invoke the Insurrection Act in case Trump moved to take the extraordinary step of deploying active-duty troops in Washington to quell the protests that followed the killing of George Floyd, two senior Trump administration officials said.

The aides drafted the proclamation on June 1, 2020, during a heated debate inside the administration over how to respond to the protests. Trump, enraged by the demonstrations, had told the attorney general, William Barr, the defense secretary, Mark Esper, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff, Gen. Mark Milley, that he wanted thousands of active-duty troops on the streets of the nation’s capital, one of the officials said.

Trump was talked out of the plan by the three officials. But a separate group of White House staff members wanted to leave open the option for Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act to call in the military to patrol the streets of the capital.

They decided it would be prudent to have the necessary document vetted and ready in case the unrest in Washington worsened or the city’s mayor, Muriel Bowser, declined to take measures such as a citywide curfew, which she ultimately put in place.

According to one former senior administration official, Trump was aware that the document was prepared. He never invoked the act, and in a statement to The New York Times he denied that he had wanted to deploy active-duty troops. “It’s absolutely not true and if it was true, I would have done it,” Trump said.

But the new details about internal White House deliberations on a pivotal day in his presidency underscore the intensity of Trump’s instinct to call on the active-duty military to deal with a domestic issue. And they help to flesh out the sequence of events that would culminate later in the day with Trump’s walk across Lafayette Park to St. John’s Church so he could pose in front of it holding a Bible, a move that coincided with a spasm of violence between law enforcement and protesters camped near the White House........................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-aides-prepared-insurrection-act-141012690.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I'm not familiar enough with Esper or Milley, but Barr turned out to be incompetent and I'm not surprised that he talked Trump out of moving forward with this.

The aides drafted the proclamation on June 1, 2020, during a heated debate inside the administration over how to respond to the protests. Trump, enraged by the demonstrations, had told the attorney general, William Barr, the defense secretary, Mark Esper, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff, Gen. Mark Milley, that he wanted thousands of active-duty troops on the streets of the nation’s capital, one of the officials said.

Trump was talked out of the plan by the three officials. But a separate group of White House staff members wanted to leave open the option for Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act to call in the military to patrol the streets of the capital.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
With vicious attacks from democrats, FBI, CIA, and the media all working together to force President Trump out of office.  How dare President Trump suffering from viscous  attacks like no American President ever saw, dared to consider defending himself?  The democrat allies were torching America cities and advocating violence and supporting those that were so performing!  This is more psy-ops trying to spin what was done to Trump and demonizing Trump as the criminal, giving the real criminals a pass.  This is globalists deciding what governance America will have.  Seeing what we are now going through, do you want more of this, more of the same ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I would have heartily endorsed such an order.

I contend that the primary reason Mr. Trump lost the election was because he didn't take determined and decisive action against the insurrectionists of antifa and blm and nipped them in the bud by using whatever force was required to put them down completely.

These were not peaceful demonstrators, but an organized "army" with the intention of destroying the governments in the states where their insurgencies were conducted and in doing so, overthrowing the republican form of government (as promised by the Constitution) in those states.

He should have "sent in the troops" with the orders to use whatever force was required to end the demonstrations and go after the insurgent antifas/blms.

If Mr. Trump had done these things, we wouldn't be where we are today, with the communists in control.

Which they are.

Online LMAO

I contend that the primary reason Mr. Trump lost the election was because he didn't take determined and decisive action against the insurrectionists of antifa and blm and nipped them in the bud by using whatever force was required to put them down completely.

These were not peaceful demonstrators, but an organized "army" with the intention of destroying the governments in the states where their insurgencies were conducted and in doing so, overthrowing the republican form of government (as promised by the Constitution) in those states.

He should have "sent in the troops" with the orders to use whatever force was required to end the demonstrations and go after the insurgent antifas/blms.

If Mr. Trump had done these things, we wouldn't be where we are today, with the communists in control.

Which they are.

I agree

Your post may explain why Trump lost the suburbs  in 2020
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Which they are.

I absolutely agree with you, and I have always thought from the very beginning that he should have implemented the Insurrection Act giving little time for escalation.

However, I still believe without doubt that the election was stolen.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 11:33:01 pm by libertybele »

Offline Longiron

I agree

Your post may explain why Trump lost the suburbs  in 2020

And why TRUMP lost more supporters than he currently has and he has a LOT. Lot of TRUMP supporters refuse to look at reality and like TRUMP blames everyone else except him or themselves. FUNNY to watch TRUMP blast his appointments now they are out of office that HE appointed. The LIST from COS, FBI, SCOTUS appointees the list goes on.  Will vote for TRUMP if the candidate because the DEM will stink BUT there are a lot of better R candidates out there.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And I still maintain if the President had ordered troops and tanks to quell the riots in Jun, 2020 he would have been Impeached AND Convicted in the Senate.  The election would have been Pence vs Biteme,and nobody would care if the Rats stole it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump Derangement Syndrome made Democrats too impulsive to mount a successful impeachment and conviction.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump Derangement Syndrome made Democrats too impulsive to mount a successful impeachment and conviction.

Enough weak-kneed GOP Senators would have voted to convict Trump.  Because Orange Man Bad.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: