Author Topic: New York Suspends Rudy Giuliani Law License over Election Fraud Claims  (Read 881 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New York Suspends Rudy Giuliani Law License over Election Fraud Claims

Joel B. Pollak 24 Jun 2021

The State of New York has suspended Rudy Giuliani’s law license over his claims of fraud in the 2020 election, according to a court decision released Thursday.

The decision states:

Respondent was admitted to practice as an attorney and counselor at law in the State of New York on June 25, 1969, under the name Rudolph William Giuliani. He maintains a law office within the First Judicial Department.

For the reasons that follow, we conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020. These false statements were made to improperly bolster respondent’s narrative that due to widespread voter fraud, victory in the 2020 United States presidential election was stolen from his client. We conclude that respondent’s conduct immediately threatens the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law, pending further proceedings before the Attorney Grievance Committee.

The ruling stated that Giuliani’s suspension is “interim,” and that his statements about election fraud were made “knowingly.” Though he has First Amendment rights, the court noted, he is also bound by rules of professional conduct.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/24/new-york-suspends-rudy-giuliani-law-license-over-election-fraud-claims/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The state of New York has fully gone to the dark side and there is no legal way to reverse that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

The state of New York has fully gone to the dark side and there is no legal way to reverse that.
New York ain't alone. And this isn't just the ebb and flow of politics either. These marxist despots do not intend to peacefully cede power - ever.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

The specific case was Rudy taking a conservative meme and running with it legally without doing his homework on it. Specifically his actions on Pennsylvania submitting more ballots than were issued or whatever.

It's not just your usual anti-conservative bias, IMO.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Skeeter observed (wisely):
"New York ain't alone. And this isn't just the ebb and flow of politics either. These marxist despots do not intend to peacefully cede power - ever."

Over at TOS there's a poster named "Lurkin' n Loomin" (sp?).
He (she?) has a great tag line, and here it is, worth thinking about:

"Peaceful co-existence with the left is not possible. Stop pretending that it is."

I agree.
What is to be done?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New York Suspends Rudy Giuliani Law License over Election Fraud Claims
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 10:32:07 pm »
Breitbart by Joel B. Pollak 24 Jun 2021

The State of New York has suspended Rudy Giuliani’s law license over his claims of fraud in the 2020 election, according to a court decision released Thursday.

The decision states:

Respondent was admitted to practice as an attorney and counselor at law in the State of New York on June 25, 1969, under the name Rudolph William Giuliani. He maintains a law office within the First Judicial Department.

For the reasons that follow, we conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020. These false statements were made to improperly bolster respondent’s narrative that due to widespread voter fraud, victory in the 2020 United States presidential election was stolen from his client. We conclude that respondent’s conduct immediately threatens the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law, pending further proceedings before the Attorney Grievance Committee.

The ruling stated that Giuliani’s suspension is “interim,” and that his statements about election fraud were made “knowingly.” Though he has First Amendment rights, the court noted, he is also bound by rules of professional conduct.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/24/new-york-suspends-rudy-giuliani-law-license-over-election-fraud-claims/

Offline corbe

The NY Bar is as corrupt as the whole damn State.
   Avenatti can still practice Law there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The NY Bar is as corrupt as the whole damn State.
   Avenatti can still practice Law there.

Avenatti is licensed in California and has been suspended since May 2020.

Offline corbe

Thanks for clearing that up @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Is Andrew Cuomo, someone who has lied to the public, the media, the legislature and is a murderer still allowed to practice law in New York?

Offline mountaineer

My understanding is that the state bar didn't even afford Rudy notice and a hearing. I guess calling it "interim" gets around that pesky due process thingey.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz on Giuliani Law License Suspension: Equal Justice for All ‘Mortally Wounded’

During a Sunday appearance on New York City WABC 770 AM radio’s “The Cats Roundtable,” Harvard law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz reacted to the State of New York suspending Rudy Giuliani’s law license over his claims of fraud in the 2020 election.

Dershowitz warned of the “danger” of allowing Giuliani to be disbarred “without a hearing.” He argued that equal justice for all is now “mortally wounded.”

“I taught legal ethics for, I don’t know, 35 years at Harvard Law school. I think of myself as a leading expert on legal ethics. I’ve never ever seen a case where a lawyer was essentially disbarred … without a hearing,” Dershowitz outlined. “I mean, the most basic concept of due process is you don’t deprive somebody of his living, of his freedom, of his ability to work without a hearing. And then the criteria under which they suspended his law license is so vague. It says in the course of representing a client, a lawyer shall not knowingly make a false statement of fact or law to a third person. In other words, if he goes on your show, or he goes on my podcast, or he goes on Fox or anywhere else, and he makes a statement which turns out to be false, and he had reason to believe it was false, he could be disbarred. Do you know how many lawyers we’d have left if we applied that standard across the board? … We have case after case after case where prosecutors, defense attorneys, lawyers of every kind, have made statements … which turn out to be untrue, and they’re never disbarred. And certainly not without a hearing. And so, this is a first. … The atmosphere is such today that if you defended President Trump in any way, they’re out to get you. And they’re certainly out to get Rudy Giuliani.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/27/dershowitz-on-giuliani-law-license-suspension-equal-justice-for-all-mortally-wounded/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mortally wounded my @$$!  It's as dead as a post and we all know it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien